The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

@Bod95 swanning around wearing the 1973 replica jersey

1 Like

I played :golf: with him here last year, he tolerated I was from LK, was less so this year when I met him​:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ex Irish rugby full forward Shane Horgan, T1 Dublin airport. “Horgs” (as I’m sure he’s known by the goys) was dressed smartly, but had a weird long green coat/trench coat thing on. He was on the phone but speaking exclusively through his nose.

He goes by Shaggy.

I wouldn’t expect a spot or anything but sitting and chatting away to ex Irish cricket player Jonathan Garth yesterday in Lisbon airport, sound man. His daughter is currently playing for Australian cricket team.

2 Likes

Shoggy

Who: B Fenton, S Cluxton, J McMarthy, J Small, N Scully
Where: Reidys Killarney
When: now

Other notes: Scully is a dick.

21 Likes

I saw your man that plays for yanited Erikson there the last day driving a bright green lambo 4x4 through alderley edge, just in case anyone didn’t notice it.

1 Like

Find that hard to believe

1 Like

Why what was scully at? Always seemed like a little schnakey cunt

Waiting at bar. Thought he could skip the queue and order over people shouting at the bar staff from behind people.

The others just waited like normal punters.

A church beside a cathedral. Just spotted Mick Ryan outside Flannery’s on Shannon Street.

Not really relevant to this thread but less than a minute later I saw Elvis heading into Dunnes.

4 Likes

I spotted former Tipp hurler Gearoid Ryan picking up a few bits and bobs in Lidl Templemore the other evening. He gave me a friendly “Well Stonecold” as he made his way in the direction of the checkout while I awkwardly maneuvered my trolley between two chatting auld wans towards the dairy section.

4 Likes

Who: Alan Cawley
Famous for: Former LOI footballer, soccer pundit on RTE’s Soccer Republic and Game On. Host of Cawley’s Call podcast
When: This morning at 9am
Where: on the luton airport to Dunstable bus
Wearing: Navy bomber jacket and black jeans
Company: His Spurs supporting son
Other notes: Alan was heading to see Luton v Spurs later at the Kenny and was looking forward to seeing the old girl. Him and his son were at Spurs v Liverpool last week and we’re on another day trip. He thinks Pats should have too much for Cork (a game he is working at for RTE) but fancies Galway v Bohs. He hadn’t got a clue where he was in luton or where he should go for breakfast which wasn’t very reassuring for his son. He seemed an alright sort.

10 Likes

Up the Hatters. Hope you have a good day out pal.

1 Like

I had business on the rural byways between Templemore and Roscrea this afternoon when I was forced to pull into a gateway by on oncoming tractor and dumper trailer. Being the courteous rural cager that I am, I had no issue doing so as this is a daily occurrence when you live in muldoon land.

Anyway, as it approached, who was piloting said workhorse other than patrol man of many a Munster Provincial ground, Big Rob Ryan. Rob saluted me jovially in thanks for allowing him to pass safely and without the need for him to slow down with his load of topsoil. He was driving some class of Zetor or Case; one of those machines that probably has half a million hours on the clock and you can hear coming from 2 miles away. He presented a much friendlier image than the stern faced sideline enforcer you see on TV.

Anyways, we went our separate ways and I excitedly made a mental note to log the interaction here.

31 Likes

Post of the Year?

2 Likes

Thats an Hors Categorie or “beyond classification” spot in this thread.

Lovely interaction with the great man too.

9 Likes

A superb spot in fairness

1 Like

It was as if I was there myself.

2 Likes