The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

In terms of Tipp hurling greats, Paul Kelly is greatly underrated. I’d have him on any All Time Tipp XV.

Where? One of the more talented players Tipp have had but not near an All Time 15

2 Likes

Spotted Damien duff tonight absolutely twisted with his hear sticking up all over the shop like me on my communion day in 1986. He was in Kennedy’s beside Vicar street. I presume he was at the damo gig where the donaghmede troubadour had succeeded in blowing the roof off the venue as well as blowing Damien’s hair to the elements.

14 Likes

I love you mate but not a prayer

I hope he had his name on his jacket.

No 7.

I love you too Bati.

Paidi Maher roughly a million times better

1 Like

Maher at 6. And I agree, he was a better hurler.

Live spot. Ex-Cork footballer and ex-RTÉ pundit Tony Davis at Costa Coffee in Douglas Court. I noticed no queue so I’ve asked for a flat white to go. Tony next in line asked for the same, but to stay in.

Did the lack of queue impact your flat white order? Please provide more details.

Disappointing choice of coffee house

1 Like

Most of them don’t even know how to make a coffee. Seen a few of them froth the milk and then throw the coffee in on top of it. A truly awful place.

No, I would have a flat white in any case. I was early onto the flat white bandwagon (2015).

Shocking. But it was there and I needed a coffee hit.

Agree. The young lad behind the counter was around the same age as Ben & Jerry and I knew it wasn’t going to be great. Not in a small Flat White cup, basically got a latté. But like I said, I needed a hit.

I had a grand booze up last night in Limerick city as we bounced from one Flannerys to another. We headed into Maggie Choos for one as we know a couple of lads working there. Inside two time all Ireland winning manager Liam Sheedy was holding court at the bar with a group of lads. Liam was in good form so I decided not to debate him on his article about the split season.

2 Likes

Was in the glen tavern last night at one point and former Galway hurling manager Anthony Cunningham arrived in.
Still a tough looking nut

Some ex rugby fella Paul O Connell was in there as well

I’m hearing Anthony is all set to march into St Brigid’s ahead of the All Ireland semi final, Jerome is getting the door @peddlerscross

Glen Tavern is a fine pub.

Cian Lynch , Centra Clarina. Getting bugged by the locals.

I spotted Jack McCaffrey in St Anne’s Park, Raheny/Clontarf, at around 11.15am. I was inside the last 100 yards of the Goal ‘Mile” alongside my scooting youngest when I noticed McCaffrey to my left walking in the opposite direction on the pathway to the side. McCaffrey stated his intention to participate in this charitable endeavour in his Irish Times interview yesterday (cc Dublin GAA thread) & I think he performs an ambassadorial role for the charity from time to time. McCaffrey was wearing a dark green tshirt, black shorts & black runners & was sporting a contented expression as he walked back up the main avenue pathway after finishing his run.

9 Likes