The Orange Goat, Killester, Dublin 5 stalking thread

Kilmallock? Wash your mouth out. Jackie is a Kilfinane man.

His nephew told me he hurled for Kilmallock. My bad

His younger brother Pat had a brief, but chequered, career for Limerick in the mid-80’s. Banged in goals for sport during the national leagues of 85-86-87 and was pretty much toast after that.

1 Like

My neck of the woods.

Must have a long neck

Never heard of him.

2 Likes

1981 was his only championship year, if I recall. Came on as a sub v Tipperary in the Munster semi-final and against Galway in the AISF.

1 Like

I was in Kilfinane before the limerick lads on here knew where it was.

3 Likes

He played with us in the 70’s. Might even have a county medal @Julio_Geordio a good hurler

Gods country

Near the end at that stage. Must be well in his 70’s now.

You may have been there, but could you pronounce it?

Kilmallock is more a state of mind than a Geographic area

Pat had the potential to be a great but after staring as an U21 and in the league used to get dumped for championship to bring back the old guard. Got pissed off and told them to get lost afaik. Great hands and strong as an ox.

1 Like

Seamus Darby…

I was validating the parking ticket in the underground carpark of St.James Hospital there this morning when I spotted the scorer of the memorable goal exiting the lift with his partner (her mother is from the far end of our parish actually). There was another oul’ lad foostering at the machine, so in my best Michéal O’Hehir accent I began with “Liam Connor, a high lobbing ball” - what happened next….

“G’way ta fuck will ya”as he bursts forward with paw outstretched. We had a bit of a chat and a laugh and as I parted I mentioned that Micko wasn’t in the best of form according to sources. Seamus affirmed my suspicions adding that he had the warmest affection for Micko and all them Kerry lads.
He’s back in Edenderry, gone from the pub in Toome (thanks be ta fuck).

He wished us luck on Sunday but was skeptical of our chances. He sticks it well in fairness for his age even if the GPA polo is a bit tight of late. A handshake and a wink and we’re done. A gent….

47 Likes

Interesting cross over spot earlier.
Galway entrepreneur Joe Canning emerging
from the rear enterance of Keith Earls coffee shop in Castletroy. I surprised to see Joe still has a sponsored car, which was parked beside Earl’s sponsored Tiguan.

A potential business partnership in the offing ?

2 Likes

Where is that in ctroy?

His Laochra Gael was one of best ever … the stories of London were gas , the cursing out of him :rofl:

2 Likes

Nothing changes - particularly the latter part.

1 Like

Aye, I heard as much about Micko. Twill be a sad day, but shur comes to us all. A magnificent man nonetheless. Good to hear Seamus is in good form, an alright sort.