The Parkrun Thread

Itā€™s usually 3 laps of the inner pavement part where the ambulance goes round during race meetings. But theyā€™re doing some work on a section so itā€™s 2 kinda horseshoe laps at the moment and then a finish behind the stand. Giddy up.

1 Like

Gave it the Eamon coughlan fist as I passed a man in the last 10 metres after he had given me an elbow to get past earlier in the run. Just checked my time there and found out he was in the 70-75 age bracket. I fucking showed that geriatric so I did.

16 Likes

I love doing to that fat people on muli lap courses

2 Likes

Oooft. Revenge for the headphones story 11 years later

2 Likes

Nothing of the sort. Just evidence for the Post Likes Adjudication Committee. Iā€™ll be formally requesting a transfer of those likes to my account. I expect @Bandage to cooperate fully.

1 Like

@Mac @Bandage could you acknowledge if you got my quip

2 Likes

Nobody likes a tittle tattle @Rocko.

1 Like

I havenā€™t a breeze what youā€™re on about

25 furlongs

2 Likes

I was really overthinking that one

ā€œWe have three BIG milestones this morning so Lisa has been busy in the kitchen!
:birthday: Triple chocolate brownies
:cake: Chocolate biscuit cake
:cupcake: Blackberry Cakeā€

Parkrun - the only physical activity you weigh in heavier than when you started although Iā€™m really looking forward to sampling blackberry cake for the first time. Iā€™ll have to dip under the 25 to get a chance of being in line for it.

4 Likes

Just up now and carbing up with the porridge

3 Likes

@KinvarasPassion Coole Park starting up today, the first Nogra parkrun

I had one strawberry daiquiri too many in The 51 last night, but Iā€™m going to drag myself up for parkrun shortly.

2 Likes

any progress with the sub 25 mate?

Unfortunately not, pal. I put it down to badly tearing my calf around 18 months ago and then there was the baby weight and late night snacking. Iā€™ve plateaued around the 27/28 minute mark. I think I need to go back to basics and work on general exercise (planks, lunges etc) to build up my core again and then the gains may follow.

1 Like

You could just try running a little bit faster.

7 Likes

First Parkrun of every month some of them have pacers. Stick like glue to the 25 min guy and get into a good rhythm.

1 Like

its a marathon not a sprint in the quest for the magical sub 25, especially with life issues and the injuries @Bandage has had to deal with

1 Like