The Parkrun Thread

That was a real out of the body experience this morning. Happy 15th anniversary Parkrun. Lisa didnā€™t disappoint us either. The blackberry cake was off the chain

3 Likes

How twee

1 Like

that Blackberry cake looks serious

A dampish morning for it. I must chance it some weekend

it will change your life in ways you never thought possible

2 Likes

That Coole Park course looks quality

1 Like

they trialled it last week, it is savage

Parkrun Portumna is smashing, it is a 2-lap loop in the forest park.

Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to do it again in the spring, but this is the best time of year to do it as the leaves change colour.

3 Likes

Note: Rainbow Phil performs in St Annes Park at 10am and 11am. ā‚¬10 per child and ideal post Parkrun entertainment before a trip to the playground. I also had a hot dog in the park today and purchased Guinness bread, a pear danish and some croissants.

2 Likes

Iā€™m planning the mid term vacation around it

2 Likes

It really is a crowd puller. I can see a commercial director role being advertised in the future with a Mossy Quinn like individual aligning with selected commercial partners. Asics, Nike, Lisaā€™s cakes, Short Dog Lead providers, DeFib providers, Rainbow Phil can all leverage the powerful ParkRun brand for their own commercial opportunities for an appropriate fee. We could even start to franchise it. VHI are getting their exposure for a song

1 Like

Park Run global Ltd will be interested in your plans

1 Like

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/recipes/blackberry-cake-1.3986085

1 Like

Heā€™s a real go getter this one

1 Like

He could just try runningā€¦

1 Like

I love venues like Coole Park and Lees Road, it evokes something deep inside me, running through the woods as I open my legs up

4 Likes

Really expressed myself along Flaggy just there. 25.48 for the 5k spin. A savage morning. A group of women in their 70s entering the water here as I type, fair fucks to them. :eggplant:

6 Likes

Did you have one of the kids in a sling or something?

Wonderful scenery and good jogging. Itā€™s great to be alive

4 Likes

I wonā€™t lie Dan, itā€™s been a tough year. We lost the bull to salmonella in May, the price of beef fell to the floor, the hurlers were knocked out in Juneā€¦ and I suppose I found myself most Friday nights curling up on the couch close to tears with a large bar of Bournville and a glass of vino. I just want to tell lads, itā€™s OKā€¦

Its OK not to feel OK lads.

CC @bandage

16 Likes