The Pay Your Respects to Dead Racehorses Thread

Fuck off you cunt.

:smile:

Simonsig RIP

What a very tough day for all at Seven Barrows

1 Like

Flashing Steel has passed away aged 31, R.I.P. to the 1995 Irish Grand National winner.

My thoughts are with the Haughey and Mulhearn families.

1 Like

Will they bury him with Charlie?

one of the greatest of all time

Flashing Steel, Fissure Seal. They don’t make em like that anymore. Redundant Pal was another one

1 Like

Ebony Jane, Feathered Gale, Strong Beau, Son of War, Jodami, King of the Gales - halycon times

1 Like

Black Jack Ketchum for Jonjo O Neill has gone to the gallops in the sky.

1 Like

I remember the TV saying that some punter had placed a significant bet on him to win the next 3 world hurdles. He fell later on that day and wasn’t the same horse after it.

Red Marauder. I hope he gets heavy ground in the sky

He was a huge talking horse around that time but amounted to nothing. Who trained him?

John joe

JohnJoe wouldn’t train lassie to bark no wonder Black Jack Ketchum did fuck all.

1 Like

Ah here. JJ has an unbelievable roll of honour. He won a GC very recently. Eaten bread is soon forgotten and all that.

He’s past it now alright I think but he was well able to produce em

All he knew what to do was run his horses dishonestly all year until they got to Cheltenham where their handicap mark was so lenient he would pop up with a few wins in handicaps. Give him a top horse and he wouldn’t know what to do with it.

Assume your joking

A handicap mark isn’t much good to you in the gold cup.

What about Albertas Run? Iris Gift? Intersky Falcon? Synchronised? Taquin de Seuil?

He has a gold cup a grand national and bags of other cheltenham wins even excluding the handicaps.

John Joe is a legend of the game in fairness

1 Like

More of that too, Johnjo could get a good one spot on for a grade 1.

1 Like

Were any of those horses you named superstars? Did they win anything bar one or maybe two good pots each? If another decent trainer had the same horses would he have done the same or better? Maybe, maybe not. If I had a good horse I could think of 15 NH trainers I would send it to before Johnjoe.

So could I…now…but his career has spanned 20 years

Would you not consider synchronised a superstar? Lexus, gold cup, Welsh national before he was killed at 9?

Your being very harsh based on his form over last few years. Could you name 15 trainers with more big races winners than him over the last 20 years I wonder? Only 4 lads with more festival winners than him