The Pay Your Respects to Dead Racehorses Thread

Bellshill

3 Likes

RIP.

1 Like

RIP Finians Rainbow

The luckiest winner of a champion chase. The final fence being omitted helped him more than Sizing Europe.

5 Likes

Robbery

The Conor Murphy lad who won the million from the accum was his work rider. When Finians retired Michael Buckley gifted the horse to him so heā€™s been out in the US living it up since he retired. A nice story which went under the radar a bit.

RIP Top Notch. He always just came up a little short in the grade ones but he was very consistent and a fixture for the last five or so seasons. Gallop free my old pal.

2 Likes

The ā€˜Little Top Notchā€™ call from racing commentators used to drive me mad.

Tullybeg another negative entry in the Moranā€™s ledger :cry:

Iā€™m in absolute bits here
https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/251262/arazi-winner-of-91-breeders-cup-juvenile-dies-at-32

1 Like

There has been nothing like it to this very day

1 Like

Was this Gallileo dispatched by a Vets 5mm or did he have the luxury of Barbiturates to send him to the Curragh of the heavens?

He died doing what he loved

1 Like

Poor Galileo cried ā€œlet me goā€. His owners would not let him go. Until they had him sexed to death.

1 Like

Heā€™d some life in fairness.

I imagine him like fat elvis in Vegas for a finish.

Chilling out all day, feted like a king waiting for the next young filly to be backed into him

The Listener RIP

Gave Daryl Jacob some great days in Leopardstown when he was trying to make a name for himself in England.

2 Likes

This thread should get a major bump after Panorama tonight on BBC.

1 Like

RIP Sakhee

RIP Inisfree and Hasanabad
Warriors carried out on their shields

2 Likes

@BruidheanChaorthainn

Santa BarbarašŸ˜®

1 Like