Notlongtilmay.

Died doing what he loved

2 Likes

Eating grass and shitting in a field?

1 Like

Datsalrightgino gone to the pasture in the sky

1 Like

Hardy Eustace

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1754190579926241477?t=edrSYHjY8D-uo_bSw9OaCQ&s=19

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1771201448551838116?t=ZrhyN3-9HNKtG-vBsLRN6w&s=19

Fallon was in his pomp back then @Tassotti

Had won the Oaks on Ouija Board on the Friday. The whole Ballinger Ridge affair happened a few months previously.

2 Likes

There was serious money being punted on the flat back then at all days of the week

A few pals of mine were doing training to be accountants through a small to medium accountancy firm that was in Dublin 2. Justin Carthy also a trainee used to be ringing in sick a lot till one of the partners who was a horsey man spotted him on tv at ascot firing wads of notes at some bookie in the ring. They had a chat when he came back and decided he needed to follow his dream.

5 Likes

You see more good, manly punting on the Flat than NH.

None of this having a nibble EW at 16’s.

8 Likes

Dyu know- its hard to know was he right in the end. I think I’d rather be a chartered accountant.

Peak Fallon, absolute master Jockey but always trouble just around the corner. When he joined Ballydoyle in 2005, I was in PP in O’Coneell street in Ennis on the Saturday of the weeknd of the Guineas, I just knew he would win on Footstepsinthesand, the tans wanking themselves over Dubawi and Frankie as usual. I knew Fallon would mug off Godolpin. the question in my mind was it worth the double on Virgina Water, I was after 4 pints and said fuck it, lets go for it. I remember I shat myself with excitement the next day watching it, what a win, I think Clare were playing Kilkenny in the league final in Thurles on the Monday which was a Bank Holiday that weekend. I have a vague memory of going in the back of car unconscious. I was drunk for a full week

4 Likes

Fallon getting the best out of a pig like Oratorio to the beat the Epsom derby winner twice showed the quality of him as jockey

1 Like

We’re you in Paris for Dylan Thomas arc ?

1 Like

I was

1 Like

A Criminal Court case at the Old Bailey and a Drugs ban hanging over him, Dylan Thomas beneath…

I remember Dylan Thomas winning his maiden in Tipperary in the summer of 2005.

2 Likes

Incredible times.

The pub I drink in Paris is run by the former manager of the James Joyce.

He was telling me back in the 90s you’d have had a lot of Irish coming in on business for the day making it as far as the Joyce going on the piss for the day and heading back to Ireland for the late flight.

1 Like

And a rumoured piss up with Dermot Desmond in cafe en Seine on the Thursday in Dublin I think,

2 Likes

Fallon done some drinking with Joe Hayes in Dundrum when he was based in Ballydoyle.

He used love heading into Thurles on Wednesday nights during the summer to watch some Inter County Under 21 action.

2 Likes

99-09 was peak Flat racing

3 Likes