The Perfect Full Irish Breakfast Thread

Bonina Black pudding. Made in tulla co clare. An integral part of the weekly fry in our house.

Would buy a months supply of it when I am in the Ennis area.

The Country Choice breakfast range are delicious but I’m not sure how readily available they are. All their products are organic- sausages, pudding, bacon. They have a shop in the Limerick market and they sell breakfast baps in a delicious floury turnover, which are unreal. Keep an eye out for their stuff.

A fry has to have eggs, and like Mickee I have to have toast folded over and filled with a combination of ingredients off the plate.

The Tesco select breakfast brand are actually ok, garlic and herb sausages, white pudding that gets lovely and crispy and bacon, but I usually get my ingredients down the market.

I’m going against the grain here, I prefer it grilled. Also, I want brown bread with mine, not sliced pan shite. Good homemade style fresh brown bread toasted with butter. Eggs should be fried or poached and soft. I like to place the eggs on the bread so that when the yoke is broken the bread soaks it up.

Ye haven’t touched on sauce yet, brown or ketchup? I’d take whichever takes my fancy on the day, usually ketchup. I much prefer a good tomato relish though. Not ballymaloe shite, avoca and the bay tree are the best relishes I’ve had.

Orange juice or a smoothie before it, washed down with black coffee after.

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 845303, member: 1533”]I’m going against the grain here, I prefer it grilled. Also, I want brown bread with mine, not sliced pan shite. Good homemade style fresh brown bread toasted with butter. Eggs should be fried or poached and soft. I like to place the eggs on the bread so that when the yoke is broken the bread soaks it up.

Ye haven’t touched on sauce yet, brown or ketchup? I’d take whichever takes my fancy on the day, usually ketchup. I much prefer a good tomato relish though. Not ballymaloe shite, avoca and the bay tree are the best relishes I’ve had.

Orange juice or a smoothie before it, washed down with black coffee after.[/quote]
You sick bastard.

[quote=“glasagusban, post: 845303, member: 1533”]I’m going against the grain here, I prefer it grilled. Also, I want brown bread with mine, not sliced pan shite. Good homemade style fresh brown bread toasted with butter. Eggs should be fried or poached and soft. I like to place the eggs on the bread so that when the yoke is broken the bread soaks it up.

Orange juice or a smoothie before it, washed down with black coffee after.[/quote]

There’s a breed of a philistine in you Glas. Sauce or ketchup are the ultimate insult to the culinary art that is the full Irish.

Shame sir.

Grilled, sauce, coffee. Jaysus.

I expected a backlash. It takes all types Fagan. Also, I’m surprised at you of all posters here, the best sausages, pudding etc are bought in a good butchers, not a supermarket.

a fucking smoothie before a fry??? mother of jesus

the Dunph would turn in his e-grave

Smoothie :smiley:

Jesus Christ but I’m rough today…
Just had my breakfast there a few minutes ago…fair play to the wife…
3 sausages 3 rashers pudding some mushrooms some beans and most important some home made chips…

He’d probably serve it with fried mini rolls.

[quote=“Faldo, post: 845337, member: 1520”]Jesus Christ but I’m rough today…
3 sausages 3 rashers pudding some mushrooms some beans and most important some home made chips…[/quote]

wtf

you are married?

you eat chips for breakfast?

your poor poodle would be turning in his grave

I

[quote=“The Wild Colonial Bhoy, post: 845342, member: 80”]wtf

you are married?

you eat chips for breakfast?

your poor poodle would be turning in his grave[/quote]
I had breakfast at 230…

3 sausages 3 rashers pudding some mushrooms some beans and most important some home made chips…[/quote]

your wife sounds like a disgusting heifer

[quote=“Elvis Brandenberg Kremmen, post: 845305, member: 1624”]There’s a breed of a philistine in you Glas. Sauce or ketchup are the ultimate insult to the culinary art that is the full Irish.

Shame sir.[/quote]

I don’t mind ketchup, but whole grain mustard is a must.

She’s quite the looker actually,like myself…

Chips for breakfast??? Did you sit down to the Sunday papers chomping on a deep fried mars bar?

what the fuck are you on about?

Just picked up a deep fat fryer. Haven’t had one in years. Deep fried sausages are the food of the gods. It will be a once a month extravagance. Might make some battered ones too.