The Perfect Full Irish Breakfast Thread

The only form of potato that should touch a breakfast plate is boxty…anything else is just mirroring American obesity…

[quote=“Faldo, post: 845344, member: 1520”]I

I had breakfast at 230…[/quote]
I was about the same. 3 each of rashers sausages and fried eggs at about 3 o’clock. Too late to even call it brunch even.

I had a sausage roll I picked up in go-gos, with some olives, humus, sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, butter beans, feta cheese and some buffalo mozzarella. I had two cuts of a multi seed loaf also.

What’s go-go’s? The rest sounds great apart from olives and artichoke hearts which I cannot get a taste for.

Spot in Douglas that serves up some nice salad/sambos/cakes/breads.

Quite an appetite on you today kid, you must of blown off a few cobwebs last night. Good for you :clap:

“Must’ve” or “must have”. NOT “must of”.

@Fagan ODowd I would take umbrage with your recommending Clonakilty as the pudding of choice, I know availability was a factor, but there are far better puddings out there.

Anyone around Limerick way, Athea black pudding is by far the best going and also reasonably priced. Inch House black pudding is good too, but much dearer.

Someone mentioned Clonakilty sausages, they are nearly worse then Denny in terms of pork content and the amount of filler shite put into them.

Which came first? The Full English or the Full Irish?

[quote=“TreatyStones, post: 845467, member: 1786”]@[USER=706]
Someone mentioned Clonakilty sausages, they are nearly worse then Denny in terms of pork content and the amount of filler shite put into them.[/USER][/quote][USER=706]

True that. I would check things like that in supermarkets and I was amazed to find less pork content in Clonakilty than Galtee, yet it was twice the price.[/user]

Kerrigans in the lower howth / Baldoyle enterprise park is a welcome alternative to Anthony Higgins and his Methodist orientated butcher shop. You don’t feel that you are contributing towards the appearance fee of ian woosnam every time you visit there. Higgins showed his hand when he had that prick over to open his shop. Apparently Martin o Neill was his first choice

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 845482, member: 24”][USER=706]

True that. I would check things like that in supermarkets and I was amazed to find less pork content in Clonakilty than Galtee, yet it was twice the price.[/user][/quote]
Agree. @Fagan ODowd being badly shown up here.

@Fagan ODowd , thoughts on the Ulster Fry?

Terrible altogether.

Beans, potato and a fried tomato. They are grand when you are slumming it I suppose but that wouldn’t cut it here in the republic.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 845510, member: 1796”]Terrible altogether.

Beans, potato and a fried tomato. They are grand when you are slumming it I suppose but that wouldn’t cut it here in the republic.[/quote]

jesus, imagine having a smoothie before that

I think he is talking about their sausages glas. Will you try to keep up.

@Fagan ODowd what’s the verdict on Truly Irish’s range of products?

Good call.

Their white offering is decent too but I wouldn’t consider white pudding as mandatory in a full irish whereas black would be.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 845580, member: 686”]Good call.

Their white offering is decent too but I wouldn’t consider white pudding as mandatory in a full irish whereas black would be.[/quote]

Can you get Athea pudding up there?

Got it in Ennis, same place i got the Bonina… Some butcher shop on O’Connell street.