The Prestigious Europa League 2019/2020 thread

Did we set up similarly in Rome?

That leaves us very limited on the bench, at least if Griffiths started we had Elyonoussi to bring in as a different dimension.

On the bench we have 3 wing backs, a midfielder and 2 strikers.

I know Soro and Arzani played for the development team in midweek but they probably would have made more sense being involved than Bolingoli.

Is Arzani even in our UEFA squad?

No Arzani isnā€™t in the squad. Couldnā€™t really make room for him given we had to cut to make way for Frimpong and Klimala.

I donā€™t really get the subs point. Is Griffiths not a different dimension to bring on?

I havenā€™t seen enough from Elyonoussi since his injury to think he should be starting though.

Definitely limited in central areas. Bitton is covering about 6 positions on his own there.

Lads Netoā€™s after the miss of the season there. Rounded the keeper and hit it wide :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Looks like Ajer right back in a back four.

Nope. Griffiths rules out the potential impact of Bayo.

Basaksehir-Sporting looks like a great game. 4-4 on aggregate in extra time. Robinho came on just before full time for Basaksehir

What a chance for Mo.

Copenhagen arenā€™t great tbh . Celtic win by 2 goals

Celtic are playing fairly well and starting to make a few openings, but thereā€™s a bit of looseness there too in possession and positionally. Ajerā€™s wandering out of the right back area too much for my liking.

There is a lot of nervous tension at Celtic Park.

Edouard hasnā€™t received great service so far, but heā€™s been a bit sloppy when itā€™s gone up to him. Probably needs to look for more work too.

Weā€™ve given the ball cheaply away down our left side a fair bit and the Kaufman chap looks dangerous.

Celtic are a mess.

1 Like

Simunovic has been torture at times.

Who is the co commentator on virgin media ? Gerry Armstrong ?

Think weā€™re playing well here other than Simunovic. Brown not great either. The formation seems to be working well in getting Rogic and Elyounoussi in space but Edouard not getting muchjoy

We are poor. They are a very limited side.

Fuck it anyway. Good chance for Edouard there just before half time. 0-0. HT. Think Elyounoussi has been our best player.

Shades of the first leg in our failure to take our chances. Weā€™ve had some really good opportunities in that half that we need to be taking.

Simunovic has been careless at the back. Jogging back when he needs to sprint and casual in possession. Brown has lost it a couple of times in our half but both were from poor passes from Simunovic.

Otherwise weā€™ve been comfortably better. McGregor is having a fine game and the attackers are all dangerous. Forrest and Elyonoussi should both have scored though.