The Pretend Fitness Thread

Yesterday was chest day - so getting over 50 pushups in one go today was very good going.

Chest day for me and you are completely different. Waxing doesn’t do much for the physique. What day is leg day?

I’ve a hip injury so no leg they for a while. - Just upper body for a few weeks. — I did a few deads Friday tho - got to 150kg and could feel the IT playing up so had to stop.

I bought two 5kg dumbbell things in Aldi the other day, any idea of a quick session that will compliment my running?? (They won’t fit up my hole)

1 Like

You tried :worried:

Front Squats — Front/Back lunges ----- Shoulder press ----- stiff legged dead lift ---- calf raises ----- Bent over rows ----- Chest press ------ Jumping squat ---- Jumping lunges …

circuit of something like that

1 Like

@anon61878697
https://youtu.be/sS7cYp4Z2kk

1 Like

Mate

5k everyday?

Yes or no

No harm as long as it is very easy.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03dFMG8nR4

So true

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XtmwP6Dj5E

My young fella wanted to do a martial art, so i googled “martial art in” and found out theres kung fu on a friday night at the tennis club round the corner. I went to sign him up, having told him the good news (schoolboy error)
To my surprise, tge the reply came that the teacher would have to meet us both before considering taking him on. We went round the last day and met an absolutely charming i suspect kurdish man, who is likely the hardest muthafucka in Manchester. He made it quite clear that he was not a babysitting service, and didnt train children, but he liked us ,and would make an exception provided i did it as well.
It is 730-900 pm on friday nights. Peak drinking time gone in an instant.
I am sore from my nipples to my toes all weekend now.
I missed the Friday i went to the rugby cc @bandage , and got a disappointed raised eyebrow look, and am afraid to miss another session.

5 Likes

Is it expensive? I hear lads on about their young lads being graded every few months for another whack onto the regular fee.

No , he doesn’t do belts , he days they are a moneymaking racket. Tenner a lesson which usually overruns, id say he barely covers room rental.
He says he trains people until ge thinks theyve gone as far as they can. He has the senior members teaching the novices stances, punches, moves etc ,as he says teaching something is the best way to learn it. He watches everyone, and corrects apprporiately. We are on an 8 week beginning course, but all levels train together til the end where we sit and watch the good ones running through routines.
Lots of balance work and its a lot of core strength involved obliquely.
He will decide after eight weeks whether we can do eight more.
Its actially grand to be out of the pub tbh.

1 Like

Good move for your son. I did Tae Kwon Do for years from 8 or 9. It made me the man I am today.

2 Likes

No-one wanted to hear that. Think carefully on your next move @flattythehurdler

1 Like

I hope they kept the receipt

1 Like

Good god. Is there no limit to the level of personal abuse I must endure on this godforsaken site.

Now that everyone knows you’re a ninja you might get some respect

4 Likes

I think you’re paranoid mate. Possibly due to personal abuse…