The Pretend Fitness Thread

What are you wearing when you are walking these days? ---- You just need something with strong support. Basically, get the footwear in your hands, left hand at one end , right hand at the other and twist the shoe/tackie in the opposite direction to each other like you were wringing a towel … if the thing folds/ bends in on itself, it;s not worth a wank to you for walking…if it stays relatively rigid then bobs your aunt. If needs must get a pair of langer orthotics ( i’m not joking) - they are nit quite top end, but way above the cheap things you get in most shops … . I use them for football.

1 Like

Langer here

1 Like

A lot of physios have those langer ones … depends what they charge themselves, but should be 60-90 euro

100%

I bought a pair of ecco shows specifically for the purpose of walking and still in significant pain after walking for more than 30 minutes.

Are you thinking of spending money on proper orthotics, 3 or 400 euro?
I know two people who got them, one shocking report and one so so, they’ll always try to sell them to you
Go for cushioned support running shoes, spend a bit of money, ASICS Kayano or Brooks adrenaline

1 Like

Done a couple of laps of the pitch there today and a few shuttle sprints. Training starts in the next week so have a small head start on a few.

1 Like

This isn’t a running issue pal. I don’t run. This is purely a walking issue. The quote I got was a small bit more than that. I’ve tried numerous shoes and runners.

The orthotics are only masking an issue, mate … try source the real issue… but honestly, I wouldnt be forking out for those pricey things at all.

1 Like

One of my kids has no arch, she has orthotics that she got from a foot doctor (podiatrist?) and they’ve made a big difference, cost a fortune and need to be replaced fairly regularly due to size changing, the adult ones last about two years I think?
a friend of my wife got hers in foot solutions and hasn’t noticed any change, she’s pissed off with it, cost her almost 400e.
If you have the money to spend go to a professional, but it’d be no harm trying a proper structured running shoe if you haven’t tried that, you don’t have to run in them.

What are you training for?

https://enko-running-shoes.com/en/boutique/index.php

I’ve already forked over significant amounts on various footwear to no benefit.

I know the problem @anon61878697. Fallen arches.

I’ll gladly pay the few hundred quid for a solution at this stage. I’d have been fairly sceptical of orthotics and the responses have fairly confirmed it

Hurling season

Have you dont any exercises for it?

I’m considering doing the great Limerick run. 10k or half il see where I’m at

Play 5 a side mate, 2 or 3 times a week. Running at 6 clock in the morning spying on travellers is overrated @backinatracksuit

2 Likes

Ah the ones the physio gave me but no difference. Basically a few resistance stretches with a band.

You’re training for a spin to Waterford and Tipp and standing on the terrace in the GG after a rake of pints?

I’d say you’d be better off going for a transplant kid - no messing around with arthotics.

1 Like