The Public Transport Thread

Do you have to say to the driver, “Seven stages please mate” or are you over 13 stages and can use the validator on the right? Whole thing seems daft to me. I would have thought that the Leap card fare should be sufficiently cheap that it could be validated on the right for a base fare instead of all this nonsense with stages and what not. A rambler or travel 90 seems a superior alternative in alot of ways.

We should go back to the days when everyone thumbed for a lift…

Or a tag on and tag off system like the current Luas card uses. Having to involve the driver does seem shit.

The Luas isn’t running past Harcourt Street due to fire earlier. Only going as far as beechwood I believe. Ranelagh & Charlemount not being served.

Coppers unaffected. I repeat Coppers unaffected.

The oul Luas took a bit of a battering this morning it seems

Sure no wonder, with the fecking Guard standing in the way. Lorry had no choice but to go round him and smash into the oncoming Luas.

If this was underground or a monorail it would never have happened.

The monorail is more of a Limerick idea.

A monorail certainly would have put Dublin on the map

Looks like the luas might have claimed its second victim at jervis. The cops have put up a forensic tent. I didnt see another vehicle so im presuming cyclist or pedestrian

Female pedestrian. Confirmed dead.

Tough. Phone call coming that changes lives for ever.

Another cyclist killed in London last week. 210 cyclists killed in London since 2010.

I posted my disgust before about arsehole drivers blocking up pedestrian crossings and/or straying into yellow boxes. These cunts have a sickening sense of entitlement on the roads. Today some thick bastard/bitch is (probably) to blame for a pedestrian’s death.

Comment withdrawn.

Luas strikes tomorrow and Friday. Will be carnage in the South City and South West suburbs

I took a bus into town last night. It was a very pleasant experience. I sat upstairs in the front seat looking out the front window. The bus may even have had wifi. This real time information thing is great too.

2 Likes

This should lead to some shenanigans.

Big row on the 7.20 train to Galway… great entertainment. The security fella was way out of his depth. A shower of young cunts from over fohenagh side were acting the bollox and a few middle aged lads squared up to them. A head butt was thrown and all hell broke loose. There was a tinker man sitting across from me and he was looking for any angle to get involved but the wife jumped in front of him… when the fighting gang heard the tinker man roaring they calmed very quickly!!! Hilarious stuff. Security fella took a belt too… cops meant to be coming on board in Athlone but hands are being shaken here and peace has broken out. The tinker man is the only unsatisfied customer.

13 Likes

Your wife was awful brave to jump in front of the tinker like that…

7 Likes

She sure was, I was hiding under the table.

1 Like