The Public Transport Thread

Or both

Sure isn’t being mentally unstable requsite for the civil service?

I take the train on occasion. I reckon I’d fall into the ‘mental patient’ category.

Surprisingly, the Cork-Dublin trains do not contain sockets even though they are the newest trains on the line. Even more surprisingly, the connector from Mallow to Tralee does contain sockets, though the last time I was on it they were not working for some reason.

FFS

Fuck you Fagan, you forgot to mention that insanely hot birds use the train too. Just had the pleasure of sitting across from one of the hottest birds I’ve seen in my life. She appears to be Italian.

:clap:

Enjoy your trip to Dublin, Runt.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 254945”]
Fuck you Fagan, you forgot to mention that insanely hot birds use the train too. Just had the pleasure of sitting across from one of the hottest birds I’ve seen in my life. She appears to be Italian.
[/quote]I hope you had the social skills to capitalize on this rare stroke of good fortune unlike the chumps who seethe about women on the strange work phenomenon thread

The Runt is engaged and faithful to his fiancee, O’Dowd.

Ya the second newest batch of carraiges have plugs under every table, the newest do not.
Fierce handy those ones with the plugs for laptopping, charging the phone etc. The Dublin Cork Train is supposed to have free wi-fi aswell but it drops constantly and is generally a waste of time.

As an aside the newer trains have one plug socket hidden behind the back wall of the last seat in each carraige for cleaning and stuff I suppose. Have used it on occassion.

eek

That would tally with my classification of him as an alright sort. [quote=“The Dunph, post: 254948”]

The Runt is engaged and faithful to his fiancee, O’Dowd.
[/quote]

sad cunt

Explain?

Using the new free WiFi on the Dublin Cork train now. :clap:

The UK transport system is outstanding. We’re decades behind. I was on the high speed train last week. No noise, no bumps, power socket and free wifi, a food cart, even though the journey was short. And busses were there, on time to bring me right to my destination. Our public transport is shocking. Some areas only see a bus once a week. It’s quicker to drive to Dublin and possibly cheaper to fly from Kerry. Think they did away with the flights though.

Rather disappointingly, this has been fairly shit for most of the journey so far. My phone has been showing full WiFi signal throughout but pages are loading very slowly.

The Leap Card would appear to me to be ill-thought out, over complex and without any incentive. The fact you’ve to involve the bus driver in the exchange is laughable. If this is supposed to be an integrated ticketing system then I’m afraid it’s a shocking failure. The whole thing is depressing.

Explain how it works for the uninitiated. My only experience so far is Mrs Rocko went to buy one at the DART station but apparently they don’t sell them at most stations.

As a Leap Card user I have to say it is very benefiscal to me since now my journey to work involves a Luas and a Bus to Power Towers. It saves me having to carry separate cards for the Luas and the Bus and also having to make change for a bus.

On a side note I forgot how much I hate getting the Bus. A journey that took 25 minutes on Friday took nearly 40 minutes on a Saturday. At least getting the Luas you are pretty much guranteed to complete the same journey every day in the same amount of time barring an accident on the line.