The Public Transport Thread

Don’t know, mate. We were just sat there. I imagine it was interactions with road traffic.

“Pinch points” at College Green and O’Connell Bridge. Dublin Bus need to be rerouted for this service to work.

Sequencing issues apparently. They’ve made a fuck of it in other words

Have they not been running trials for the past few weeks?

Not in rush hour traffic and with full volume of luas services. Apparently ground traffic to a halt as well :sweat_smile:

Looks like it was the fuckin cyclists caused it

I’m screaming at college green rn. Who designed this? Who thought this was ok? There’s luas’s everywhere. There’s buses on the luas tracks. There’s cyclists on the luas tracks. People are crossing everywhere. Everything is overlapping and I’m just speechless who ok’d this

— dental plan LISA NEEDS BRACES (@ratsouhh

Gridlock as Luas Cross City struggles to navigate rush-hour traffic (via @IrishTimes)

A seamless commute home for me on LUAS Green Line last night and again this morning. Superb service.

2 Likes

Does it save you much time mate?

What way do the new trams run gents? Is it an extension of the green line or does the green line travel onto the red line and vice versa depending on which tram you get?

The green line extends to Cabra and intersects the Red Line is my interpretation of it. Maybe @briantinnion can confirm

They intersect at abbey st if memory serves.

I drew you a map to help @Julio_Geordio. You can view it here - https://luas.ie/map/

1 Like

About 10 minutes. Used to take about 40 minutes to get home in the evenings. Now down to 30 minutes. It’s only 10 minutes but it makes a difference when you’re leaving work after 7.00pm.

I stopped driving as I moved slightly further out from the canal and I have to say I don’t miss it, the shortened LUAS journey is the icing on the cake. Road rage was leading me to start my days in a bad mood far too often.

Red line is unchanged. The two lines intersect at Abbey St. / O’Connell St.

Green line is now extended all the way to Broombridge so it’s one line. There’s some messing at the end of the lines in that not all trams go to either end but all stops are served by all trams between Parnell and Sandyford. There’s a few people out in Brides Glen going mental as their service has been cut from every 3 mins to every 20 mins as they don’t have enough trams to operate the new part of the line fully (more arriving in spring) but fuck them anyway, they’re practically in Wicklow.

1 Like

Will be convenient for those who might want to travel from Limerick to the races at Leopardstown

So you just change if you want to go to the red line from green or vice versa? I can’t get the Luas direct from Heuston to Stephens green say? Not an issue obviously I was just wondering.

It’ll be ideal for getting from Phibsboro to Coppers on match days

2 Likes

That’s correct. You have to change at Abbey St. / O’Connell St. The two lines still operate independently, a tram from the green line will never go on the red line.

What’s the closest luas stop to the track mate ?