The Public Transport Thread

Sandyford. 15 min walk from there or else hop on free shuttle bus. Its ideal

1 Like

If you were to walk then the central park stop is the closest one (although not much in it) but as you said the shuttle from Sandyford is ideal

There’s a good difference in it actually. You’re far better off getting off at Central Park.

What a time to be alive in Ireland.

1 Like

Central Park is a good bit nearer as Tim said.

No point leaving the car at Red Cow unless you have a driver, Leopardstown is alright for traffic in/out and parking (have not been there on the 26th).

This year’s plan for the 28th is being dropped off close to the roundabout, we go racing for the day, pints, get luas in to Dundrum to meet the car, eat, driver is shopping and wont be drinking, then hit for the M7.

1 Like

Interesting. Been a few years since I did it. Is CP stop a new addition?

Is it getting off at Central Park and walking better than getting the Shuttle from Sandyford?

Down to the weather. There is a lovely sense of anticipation when you walk in. The preview in the marquee is usually decent so worth getting in for that, be there for 1115 or so.

You’d be the bones of an hour going from red cow to sandyford I’d say? You’d drive it a lot quicker especially that time of year

On Brides Glen line - some trams continue out to Brides Glen

2 Likes

Going to get the train up on the 27th.
Must arrange a drop off and collection at the station, then it’s full steam ahead :pint:

Green bus from ncw or adare sounds easier although less opportunity for drinking in transit

wtf?

a closet gypo

I’d hate to see you trying to get around London @Tassotti ?

1 Like

You would be nuts cycling through that part of town anyway

1 Like

Cycling certainly was an afterthought. Think of all the money we’ve pissed away on cycle paths they refuse to use and now they’re having a moan about a public transport project.

1 Like

Wouldn’t a Luas line from Mahon Point through the city then out to Ovens through Ballincollig be a bit of sound public transport planning…

Any examples of these cycle paths mate? the new cycle paths from howth to town is off the charts busy

Sorry mate, there isn’t a demand or funding for this