The Public Transport Thread

I see that prick Jonny Cooper is bitching and moaning about it, NIMBY wanker.

This is essentially a LUAS extension from what I can see? Why the Metro North branding being used?

behave yourself…johnny is just another shining example of how modest this Dublin team are and how firmly embedded in their community they are…Laois get a poxy minor medal and they go and smash up hotels and then try flog potatoes with ketchup disguised in a fancy foreign language to their unsuspecting muldoon community …

2 Likes

Calm down, pal.

Oh Jesus you bit down hard there :smile:

2 Likes

I’d say he had an anal fissure he was clenching so hard writing that post.

thinly veiled ‘I love that potato in ketchup from that fancy tapas bar’… positively seething…

It’s a beautiful sight to see you on full tilt, your use of full stops gets even more erratic.

thanks pal

I guess they need some way to justify the fact you’ll now have to change at Charlemont to stay on the Luas Green line.

Na Fiannas pitches will be shut down for between 3 and 6 years. That’s some kick in the nuts for the club.

They’re at breaking point as it is. Can’t see this going ahead in the time planned.

Nope that’s incorrect. The underground section will end there. It will be the LUAS again from Sandyford.

Being afraid of changing public transport modes is very Irish though. It is all apart of an integrated transport system.

Because that’s what it is. There is a big difference from shitty small trams and Metro type of carriages in both capacity and speed.

The Oirish wouldn’t understand the difference between light and heavy rail.

Shane Ross has this covered. He can sort pitches.

Or maybe not.

The cunt.

Why are they tracking the luas line? Wouldnt it have made more sense to go out more SW i.e. rathfarnham direction? Rathgar templeogue walkinstown rathfarnham are nightmare to get into city centre from

If those areas want a Metro then maybe they should have thought about that and directly elected an Independent TD with the tools to be Minister for Transport.

2 Likes

On the contrary I’d say these areas will be up in arms at the disruption caused to their beloved Luas over a period of 5 years, not to mention the digging and traffic disruption, all to facilitate easier access of robbing vandal hordes to their leafy suburbs.

Because you can add some zeroes onto the cost.

The LUAS Green line is over capacity at the moment. They are lengthening the trams but it is only going to get worse in the future with projected population growth in the likes of Cherrywood.

The LUAS is popular in Ireland but light rail is a mile from the solution for the state’s transport needs.

If they want to improve the connectivity of places like Terenure they need to run more orbital buses to bring people to the metro. The system should be designed that way.

1 Like