The Public Transport Thread

Minister Ross foresight in campaigning for reopening of Stepaside Garda Station is to be commended then.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy what do you make about the GGA trying to stop progress?

1 Like

It’s probably part of an IRFU plot to drag down the GGA in a middle class rugby free zone.

Na Fianna should be disbanded if they try to halt this.

imagine the British did this to a GAA club

Na Fianna will win All Ireland’s from a renewed sense of purpose

Knowing the intellectual, commercial and political heft at the heart of Na Fianna as I do, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they end up with a state of the art new facility nearby in someplace like Albert College.

This project is very dear to me, I don’t care how it’s handled but it better not be halted, nor the route moved :wink:

Typical , Home Farm aren’t bellyaching.

My local GGA club st sylbigots sold their pitch to turn it into a car park and now play in portmarnock, all these cunts care about is €€€€€

3 Likes

Buff Egan has weighed in behind Na Fianna

So you’ll be able to stay on a Luas from Parnell to Dundrum?

No. LUAS will just be the two ends now. Metro frequency will be every two minutes. You couldn’t have a LUAS on the same track as it would get in the way.

EDIT: we discussed this yesterday, @Rocko but I’m posting here to get the views of others as I’m conscious some posters weren’t in the car with us.

2 Likes

I know that. I’m asking the question because @Tim_Riggins had the cheek to say I’m incorrect. I’m absolutely not incorrect.

I’m pretty sure Tim is right here. Metro will run to Sandyford, Luas from there. Metro will be overground between Charlemont and Sandyford

Edit: I get what you are saying now re Parnell I think in that you won’t have the same amount of stops serviced on Metro as the luas line

https://cdn.radiocms.net/000/images/000280/287590_60_news_hub_multi_750x0.JPG

Never heard of Dardistown, Fosterstown or Seatown.

This would support @Rocko view IMO

Yeah, I worked that out subsequently and just edited

It seems bizarre to me tbh. Making large section of luas redundant

Ah I can see the sense in it to be honest. Metro shouldn’t have the same volume of stops as light rail, and it makes sense for them to be integrated

It’s not just that. It’s a different line entirely. So the Luas extension they just built ends at Charlemont.

1 Like