The Public Transport Thread

We’ll have to get some public transport for rural ireland first before you can give it to them for free.

very expensive to serve one off houses down some boreen in the middle of nowhere mate, very arrogant to expect it, is the 12k you get for rural broadband not enough?

3 Likes

This tacit acceptance of rural cage driving from you?

Personally, I’m shocked.

nope, muldoons should walk mate

Bus Eireann gets circa €40m off the state a year. Dublin bus gets circa €60m to service 1/5th the population of what Bus Eireann does.
3bn metro money (and that’s before that price ultimately doubles) would pay for a lot of public transport infastructure in rural ireland.

Very arrogant to expect rural types to be happy with that.

4 Likes

Dublin accounts for 61 per cent (€7 billion) of VAT receipts ; 52 per cent (€8.5 billion) of PAYE/USC income tax; 45 per cent (€1.1 billion) of self-employed income tax; 62 per cent (€5 billion) of corporation tax receipts, and 43 per cent (€360 million) of capital gains tax receipts

1/3 of the population subsidizing the rest of the country

1 Like

Is it any wonder sure and ye won’t even give us a fucking bus

1 Like

You’re talking to lads who have elevated a tax exile to legendary status as he financially backs a local hurling team.

Tipping their cap to An Teach Mhór is the Limerick way. They’d prefer a day out in Dublin at the match than a properly functioning health service.

4 Likes

I’d be somewhat surprised if rural types were happy with anything to be honest

2 Likes

JP is told fuckwayouttait just like the rest of us

I’d say that dumb cunt got run fair quick.

They’ll get there quicker for their dole.

How can you pay the VAT until the bus to work is provided?

3000 cagers drive between Cork and Limerick on a daily basis, 3bn is the cost of the motorway

1m per car

1 Like

Fucking murderers.

3000? Where are you getting that figure?

TFI

Both ways?
Over 30 odd years?

Can you share where they have that published. This survey was done in 2018

“Home - N/M20 Cork to Limerick” https://corklimerick.ie

I phoned them

1 Like