The Public Transport Thread

We’ll have a serious system with 4 x DART lines, 2 x LUAS lines and the Metro line all completed or set to be completed by the end of the decade.

I don’t think people have grasped how transformative this will be.

I think the authorities missed a trick by not just calling them all DART lines though. One connected Dublin rail system, light and heavy.

3 Likes

In the fullness of time people will love eamon

Infrastructure puts you in the history books for good reasons.

2 Likes

The new Glasnevin station will be fantastic. Basically the 5th major train station for Dublin, righting the wrong of what happened to Broadstone.

2 Likes

It will be amazing and perfect for getting to Croke Park.

People never forgot that FF and Todd Andrews tore up the railways here.

1 Like

The people did that by not using them.

All ye need to do is build a few houses now and the job will be oxo

AND SO IT BEGINS

Major ground works will start next week as part of the preparation for Metrolink.

Trenches are being dug at the Estuary Roundabout of the R132 on Wednesday and Thursday (05/04 and 06/04). Traffic will be reduced to one lane in the area.

Theses trenches being dug along the route of the Metrolink so that engineers can exactly map the location of utilities prior to the dig.

Similar trenches are also being dug on local roads around the area between now and May.

In the coming weeks a trench will be dug on the Seatown Roundabout and a stop go will be put in place to manage traffic

3 Likes

3 months into 2023 and society has changed forever thanks to Ceist and the Metrolink.

2 Likes

I’m afraid you’ve reached this week’s quota for metrolink interactions.

11 Likes

V snazzy

2 Likes

The feral children and junkies that frequent the red line will be well impressed I’m sure.

2 Likes

Huh?

They look fantastic.

New bridge proposed by Dublin Port. Very close to the East Link (some cynics think they are trying to shut down the idea of moving the port).

It can take the LUAS and would form a part of a red line extension to Poolbeg.

I’d like to see the red line ultimately become a circle line for the city,

1 Like

Building houses by the port when sea levels are expected to rise seems risky

Having no train line to the port for passengers is terrible too

Circle line for Dublin. Red line heading through the port to Poolbeg, Grand Canal Dock and then along the Grand Canal out to Heuston.

I don’t see the space in the city centre unless we tunnel under College Green or St Stephen’s Green. Ideally you could do a straight shot from Poolbeg/Ringsend up by Pearse Street, Dame Street and onto Heuston. That would basically be DART Underground in terms of inner city connectivity which isn’t going to get built.

1 Like

Spencer Dock station is being rebuilt as part of DART+. In time it will be taking DART+ West and South West. Alongside the new Heuston DART platform, it is arguably the most important piece of the project (aside from Glasnevin station which also forms a part of the Metro Link project) and will be a very important station in the decades ahead.

When’s it set for completion?