The Public Transport Thread

Railway Order was submitted last year and it went to ABP last month. It forms part of DART+ West specifically I believe but DART+ South West will also terminate there in time.

2 Likes

On the dart out of town tonight a young lady handed me a bottle of water and asked me if I could open it for her. After some initial difficulty ( I have arthritis in the hands) I succeeded in the task. A couple of League of Ireland heads sitting opposite me started slagging me about not all heroes wearing capes. The young lady subsequently offered me a square of her chocolate bar but I politely declined.

A couple of 12 year old howyas from Sheriff st got on at Connolly and proceeded to vape these disgusting strawberriy flavoured things.

Public Transport is nothing if not interesting.

8 Likes

I’ve been hearing about the concept of Dart + west (ie electrification of maynooth line) for 25 years

Yes, the railway order has gone into abp and the consultation phase is over so its now actually happening thanks to Ryan

2 Likes

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Bounce

1 Like

Yes mate and the Brits wanted to build the equivalent of DART cross city over 100 years ago.

Plans come and go, this is a plan but is moving forward. Let’s cut the negativity.

1 Like

DART+ South West flying it too.

1 Like

Lad drinking a can of some shite East European beer here on the Dart. 6.30 in the evening. Looks like a complete psycho.

2 Likes

Dublin ranked worst for public transport in Europe due to price and ways to buy tickets

Come on Greenpeace - let’s cut the negativity

2 Likes

It’s solely on price mate but seems a bit flawed. Regardless the €2 anytime fare is just the start, ideally we can get that down more.

Nothing to do with DART+ which is forging ahead.

1 Like

It should be a flat fare of one euro wherever you want to go

2 euros anytime is great value. You wouldn’t get to the end of the road for that in London.

1 Like

The study seems to have focused solely on monthly tickets, and criticising travel saver tickets.

That might be fair but how many places in Europe have free transport anywhere for pensioners?

1 Like

Most countries do.

Germany gave brought out an all inclusive (bar high speed long distance inter city I think) travel ticket for €49 a month. Unreal value compared to the prices Flatty was quoting.

No incentive to change the system when they can gouge 5€ for a leap card.

1 Like

Taxi driver doesn’t want to pay tax on that fare then…

I don’t think it’s that tbf but it is a joke. They were talking about doing it four years ago.

Banning cars will be irrelevant unless they can sort out buses.