The Public Transport Thread

good news, Eamon is pushing for more bypasses at the expense of new roads

The Green Party says the Government will build only bypasses instead of motorways from now on, to save dying town centres.

Can you give me an example of a motorway that isn’t a bypass?

set up a calling TASE thread mate

I didn’t think so. Tis all semantics

Motorway is badly needed pal. Build greenways and rail options also by all means. Motorways dont kill small towns

they kill the planet

Direct exit to Charleville Park hotel for the roasters to get their carvery and to the Declan Nirney concerts

1 Like

I’d say about 50% of the Green Party don’t really care about the environment and just want more cycle lanes, better public transport and the 15 minute city.

You can count me in their number. It’s a race against time before cars become fully sustainable.

Sort it out @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Planning is just as good at seeing it in operation - please keep up. Sure Dart + is virtually there

another view of the same letter, stay positive

3 Likes

Another one for you to investigate @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

@Mac “the metro will be over budget & will take years”

@padjo “why does the current transport plans lack so much ambition”

1 Like

When did they finish the metro?

building a metro takes time mate

please watch the youtube video of what is planned

& before you ask, & i know you are about to but no they arent going for anything super propriety :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

@EmilioButragueno “the metro stations in copenhagen are the nicest in the world, not a chance we will have nice ones”

eh, our stations will be having skylights just like Copenhagen :laughing:

2 Likes

thats an operational matter mate

I remember reading about the Metro while living on Collins Avenue in 2000. I’m assuming it’s well completed at this stage?