The Public Transport Thread

Youd be lucky if doesnt break down. Other than that the service is grand

1 Like

I’d never heard of it until lately. Seems its a popular enough method of travel for the Limericks.

I’ll only need to get lucky with it once.

Its the worst thing you’ll ever ride. And given you’re from Tipp, thats saying a lot.

2 Likes

It sounds utterly grim alright.

The stop off locations for it are extremely bizarre. Kildare Village-Annacoty-UL… Who came up with that like?

It stops fucking everywhere. I’ve only ever gotten it once to the airport from Laois and I’d rather walk than ever get on it again.

Eireagle is better. Direct to the airport. Have to change at red cow with the green bus and take your chances with the local knuckledraggers

Great progress

Few lads nearly missed one of our recent all ireland wins because the Green Bus broke down and left them stranded on the side of the motorway. One of the lads managed to hitch a lift off a passing car.

1 Like

Jeez yer not filling me with much confidence here.

Anyway like I said i only need to get lucky once.

Used it plenty of times. Been running for around 15 years. Goes to tralee, killarney and ennis to dublin stopping in Limerick city centre, UL, Annacotty, red cow, dublin and the airport

1 Like

They also aren’t obliged to stick to any defined routes:

There’s one back to Limerick that leaves around midnight. I got it back after the 2016 AI final as I was due in work the next morning :grimacing:

Seems utterly mental to stop in Annacotty and UL.

Aren’t they effectively the same place… anyway its not the biggest deal in the grand scheme of things.

Did you make it to work? I wouldnt rely on it for a tight timeline

Download the app and you’ll have a fair idea of how late you’re going to be.

I know a lad who used to be too tight to pay for accommodation on nights out in Dublin. Would leave Coppers and head to get first Green Bus back to Limerick

6 Likes

Getting the student business going up the country, i had a horrific hangover one time gettimg the bus with the auld lad to a six nations match. Some American students got on with a cooked chicken and were ating it on the way up. Did very well not to gawk my insides out

A lot of people do that.

Head for Heuston from Coppers. Get the fry and all before sleeping on the train and missing their stop off at Thurles or Limerick Junction. They usually tend to wake up in Charleville.

3 Likes

Many is the time I went from a house party to the train station. Sleeping on a couch at 6am made no sense to me. I think I went to the 2008 league final in Limerick straight from the train station after a night out in Dublin

1 Like

Just use Eireagle as @MountLeinster says.

Very reliable and only stop between Limerick and the airport is at the Hurlers.

The green bus could have you stuck inside in a housing estate if it doesn’t have a puncture or breakdown first.

Edit: just saw the Leader article documenting the housing estate fiasco.

2 Likes