The Public Transport Thread

7000 new homes planned for Lissnhall, right on the metro
Lissenhall East Local Area Plan | Fingal County Council
@Mac against this though as he believes it should be a car park for people from ardee

2 Likes

Hybrid/Remote working makes the necessity for Park and Ride obsolete

i know that, you know that, sure even @padjo knows that but @Mac still a disciple of it

I don’t think it is entirely redundant.

It does make some sense for Wicklow (for now) but not at the expense of such a prime site at Woodbrook. It is a concept that only works in really badly sprawled places. Wicklow is like that to a degree but is also somewhere we want development to slow down in favour of more urban environments.

I do wonder if it is worth splitting the LUAS Bray extension with one element of it following the N11 down towards Greystones. That would relieve some of the pressure on the single Greystones to Bray line.

I’ve said many times they should take advantage of the motorway / road infrastructure for some kind of rail system. It would be amazing if they could manage it somehow. It would take the pressure off the other train line they can do nothing with

Connolly Quarter (700+ homes) - Connolly Station
Heuston Masterplan (1,000+ homes) - new Heuston West station
Parkgate St (521 homes) - new Heuston West Station
Apollo House (54 homes) - Tara Street station
Dunsink new town (7,000+ homes, construction started this year)
Woodbrook (5,000+ homes under construction) - new Woodbrook Starion
St Theresa’s Blackrock (450 units, advanced planning) - Blackrock
Newtown Gardens Blackrock (140 units, under construction) - Blackrock Station
Claremont Howth - (512 apartments under construction) - Howth Station
Cherry Orchard (1,000+ homes, LDA have brought plans forward) - Cherry Orchard and Park West
Clonburris (9,000 homes, planning underway)
Adamstown (4,000 built, 1,000 more to come) - Adamstown Station
Cross Guns development (200 apartments just received approval)- site of the new Irish Rail, DART and Metro Station in Glasnevin

Just a selection of major projects in and around DART and future DART stops.

Ignores major ones like Cloniffe Road of 1,300 right beside Drumcondra station that our leader or the opposition heroically opposed.

That’s before you look at the LUAS lines.

There’s at least 140k homes identified to be built on our existing major rail links in the next 10 years in Dublin, before we even get to Metrolink.

Dublin is not bursting at the seams, it’s only getting started in taking advantage of dense urban living.

It appears that twin tracking Bray to Greystones is off the agenda for now.

I think serving Greystones from another direction could be smart. Greystones/Bray with connectivity to Sandyford (and onwards to that portion of the city centre) is smart.

Sandyford is a rapidly growing urban centre in itself. It will really need the Metro going there either by upgrading the Green Line or extending Metrolink via Donnybrook-UCD-Stillorgan-Sandyford.

what a waste of 14 potential car parks

7 Likes

It looks like the government housing plan is really ramping up

@Mac’s nirvana, a stroad filled world with car parks for all the eye to see

1 Like

yes, @anon98850436 bessier really stepping up

Eamon wants to hold off on an early election as the longer they hold on people will see things are improving but Leo does whats best for FG

They’re all inside the M50 - why would you suggest putting more car parking spaces inside the M50? That’s pretty silly

They paved paradise put up a parking lot. For @Mac

3 Likes

Plenty of land at Dublin port to be developed too, even without evicting the port altogether.

Classic @Mac

2 Likes

Why would you need a train network in a 15 minute city

2 Likes

for the people trying to escape Klaus Schwabs dystopian hell

I’ve located Canadian Mac

1 Like

https://twitter.com/infoMetroDublin/status/1725095928644632739

1 Like

What’s the story with the Green Bus? cc Limericks?

Runs every half hour from Dublin to Limerick and back 7 days a week?