The Public Transport Thread

For trains arriving into Heuston they can take the Luas as you mention or DART SW at the new Heuston West station to the new Cross Guns (Glasnevin) station where they can connect with Metrolink. They may also continue running some further commuter rail services through the Phoenix Park tunnel in which case they wouldn’t need to get DART SW.

drumcondra/glasnevin will be a hub for people coming from the west

They might need an interim solution between 2025 and 2042 alright

2 Likes

Joking aside I remember seeing that Metro North map on some kind of leaflet dropped to where I was living in 2005 not long after the Luas had launched. The plans look great but its hard not to be cynical given how many failed efforts there’s been in the past

1 Like

Why change it if there is already stations on the line connecting to the luas? The longer it is the better

Eireqgle bus or similar to the airport terminal.
Same as today.

I say drive on. I wasnt sure if they wanted to extend the plan on another stop which i would be in favour of.

You get the shovels and ill come dig it with you

Well that makes sense. Will we be a proper country then. Get it dpne now and we can praise eamonn in the future when i can get a train locally in cork and get to dublon Airport via the train system. Getting to dublin airport probably is 60% of my hatred of that airport

Trains will obsolete by the time it’s built.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/OConnorOisin/status/1759950732042674192

2 Likes

Oisin didn’t like Eamo being asked questions.

Hopefully they can be re-engineered to handle hyperloop carriages

1 Like

DART+ will be completed before Metrolink.

The beyond Metrolink elements to 2042 on that map are Finglas Luas extension (probably will go into planners in 2 years time), Lucan Luas and the Luas Green Line extension to Bray.

It will be very very good for Dublin.

The heaviest infrastructure missing would be a south link east to west which DART+ Tunnel would do. The options put forward for Lucan Luas is for it to run that side of the Liffey but Luas has its limitations as the Red Line shows.

Outside of that you’d have the nice to haves like Knocklyon, Blanchardstown and Clongriffin Luas.

2 Likes

Labour being Labour

When I read it first I assumed a ‘terminus’ was a station where the train can turn around and move onto a return track. I could of course be wrong as it doesn’t seem to be a big deal to have that facility.

But all trains would have to go in sequence to the terminus on a two track system. So if the capacity isn’t there at the terminus, then it’s an awful waste.

I think the metro will be brilliant. Keep as much underground ehere possible rather than luas etc. Now probably more expensive but worth it.

Lets get it built and fill in the gaps where feasible. Dublin will expand into different areas by the time its finished anyway then providing futher need at that time

Its near impossible to drive through Phibsborough as it is

1 Like

All so she can go to their door when they’re pissing and moaning about it to say she complained.

That area is going to be a property goldmine given its connectivity.

1 Like

Brian Caulfield on X: “This would make the project less interconnected, result in a large re-design, cost millions, delay it even further, and delay the 53m trips a year metro will take Whatever about ghost buses on the surface, at this stage it feels like we have ghost trains underneath us” / X (twitter.com)