The Race for a Vaccine. The Road to Demaskus

If shouting on the INTERNET (or not, as was the case) can win you an All Ireland, then I think the INTERNET can surely lay claim to being responsible for defeating Covid 19

Yes, I’ve seen it just now, almost a month after it arrived… In typical public servant fashion you think this is an achievement when in any other walk of life you’d be sacked for not having this in place a month prior to it’s arrival…

2 Likes

This has been FG’s MO for a while now, see what way the online wind is blowing and then act.

Fellas shouting on the internet are basically running the country

Not everyone realises that you see.

I think some lads are starting to believe this INTERNET importance thing. Its happening with COTY now as well.

Sure wasn’t Leo having weekly reports issued to him on what way the wind was blowing on Twitter?

It’s absolute insanity because Twitter hate FFG, whereas the auld lads with baler twine holding up their trousers who actually vote for them won’t be allowed a pint until 2022 in case a few avocado munching students give out.

1 Like

An auld lad at the shop last week was querying when he might be able to get out for a pint again. He finished by saying, “And it’s all the fault of those communists…and Sinn Fein”.

4 Likes

But if weve an immunity built up nationally, what harm do they present on arrival to us?

I think (hope) he was trying to make a funny joke.

huzzah

Twitter is probably the biggest driver of policy change out there now. The media and politicians pick up their ideas from there.

I wouldn’t have thought that last year but the RIC thing made clear the impact of it in Ireland at this stage.

In terms of the vaccine, I think it has forced them to be a bit more PR savvy. The push to get vaccinated numbers came from social media and was fed to politicians that way.

2 Likes

:popcorn:

Are they not going to use mass vaccination centres? I’d have thought that places like the RDS would be considered? Maybe AZ will go to surgeries whilst Moderna and Pfizer go in the mass vaccination centres that need infrastructure.

It’s just a natural progression from TDs clinics in the backroom of pubs.
People now have much more direct access to elected representatives via social media.

They will I’m sure for certain groups but my point is it is very easy to mass vaccinate at the start when it’s very specific groups and at the end when it’s whoever wants it. The tricky part is the stage where it’s say everyone over 65 and you’ve to manage that process booking appointments, verifying age etc. It’s probably easier handle that on a local level through GPs.

I assume that’s how it will go for most of them alright. Some will be in surgeries and some in bigger vaccination centres but booked through GPs.

The systems should all have been live a couple of months ago but here we are I guess.

you’re some bollocks. Look what you’ve done

1 Like

My pal ivor pointed out that Leo’s approval rating went from around 35% to 75% in a matter of weeks, similar to what happened to Thatcher when the tans invaded the malvinas.
I think it was leo… might have been meehawl

This is worth a listen