The Race for a Vaccine. The Road to Demaskus

Weā€™ll be fully open for business by July

200k of them, should be at least another 160k of the Pfizer (should be more if they are upping production as promised) and what another 50k plus of the moderna?

Letā€™s call it 400k. Should be a long way down the road if we can lash them out as we get them

Will we be allowed watch a hurling match with a full stand? Thatā€™s my primary concern for the summer.

1 Like

Iā€™ve dipped sheep and dosed cattle. Iā€™m willing to put my hand up to administer the vaccine.

1 Like

Youā€™re a dose already sure.

2 Likes

Quit your jibbering and Iā€™ll get jabbering.

Thereā€™s no fast tracking with the EU unfortunately. I do think that by the time we reach big numbers and the magical 70% the EU wonā€™t be far behind the UK or anywhere else.

The important thing is the first 10% really, then to a lesser extent the next 10%, doesnā€™t matter a fuck after that. Speed is key. Cash is King. Winner takes all.

I was completely disillusioned with it all last night, but now Iā€™ve gone a full 180 and am incredibly optimistic about summer.

It really is a very fluid situation.

2 Likes

It was a rollercoaster few hours there

1 Like

Itā€™s all fluid.
Getting on our hands on it is the issue.

Confirmed

1 Like

A good chunk to be held back but yeah, we should have at least double the numbers of what we did in January youā€™d think.

Pfizer are hoping for more from March too, so we could use more off the top as the month goes on, potentially.

Also interested to see if Moderna come up with more before Q1 is out. The EU paid for more at a premium a few weeks ago, I assume they did so with an eye on covering the early gap. Weā€™ll be sorted for whole population vaccination by the time J&J is out so donā€™t see why they would be backending paying that muc.

23 million administered or ~7% as of yesterday. I think we need to get to 30% to declare victory, so at 1.5m a day another 50 days.

why 30%

Roughly 15% of the population are over 65 and an estimate of another 15% adults suffering from obesity related illnesses.

When the J&J gets authorised they should be flying it.

I am due to go on a Vegas stag in August but the wedding was now been moved now to 2022 so will probably have the option to get it pushed out further. US should be fairly well open up by then?

Vegas has been open since June, with restrictions. I would imagine it will be back to normal by early summer.

1 Like