The Racism thread

DPP can chose to prosecute even if there is no official complaint. Its a minefield. There will be plenty of other racist commentary on a platform that will have gone unpunished so it will probably be hard to get a conviction.

Yes

Christ I’m reading some of the stuff on twitter being written about him now. This is awful. We are broken as a society.

1 Like

Is it worse than what he wrote to Wrighty?

5 Likes

Much worse. they are going after his gaa club now. We have no idea if he did write it. You are saying he is guilty because he is from Kerry.

Im fairly sure the only thing he could be charged under is some telecommunications act. It falls under harassment. If I recall correctly this legislation came about to deal with the issue of harassing people using the telephone in the olden days. It was actually a plot in coronation street back in the early 90s. Some aul creep was tormenting his neighbour for a few months with anonymous calls.

If he is proven innocent what can be done About Wright? He is after ruining this chaps life.

His life is not ruined if he turns out to be innocent, don’t be hysterical,
I can’t understand why somebody would publicly apologise for something they were innocent of within a few hours but that’s your line and I respect it.
This wasn’t an accident, it was premeditated to some extent, maybe he was drunk or on drugs, who knows? But he didn’t kill anybody, have you ever driven a car under the influence? Would you have sympathy for a drunk driver who kills?

Just one other thing, do you believe that teachers (which is very convenient for you to trot out whenever you like) should remain silent on racism? Do you think that young people are incapable of racism and that it’s not something that teachers have some experience of? And when do people stop being children? What age is this chap?

You’ve shown your true colours towards me again so lay off the pally stuff for a while now.

1 Like

It’s hate crime legislation that’s being proposed. Which basically mean if your motive is racist etc committing a crime you’ll get punished more severely. Which is a bit bonkers in my opinion. A crime is a crime and should be punished accordingly.

1 Like

I’m saying he’s guilty because he admitted it.

What he said was truly disgusting and he should face the wrath for it.

1 Like

If he was a student in your class would you have shared it? No you wouldn’t have. His life is ruined now thanks to people like you presuming he is guilty. In Ireland you are innocent till proven guilty. Not only did you say he is guilty you said he was 100 percent guilty. Have you ever heard anybody use the term coon in Ireland?

Has he admitted it ??

The young lad’s parents, GAA club and employer have all been contacted. I suffered from something similar not so long ago … it’s tough, but he only has himself to blame, and his Kerry upbringing of course. Animals .

1 Like

according to @caulifloweredneanderthal’s Garda friend in Tralee, yes.

From what I can see a fake Instagram account with the Boys picture has been created.

That’s fake.

How do you know?

18 as per the law but in developmental psychology they reckon 26/27 is when you stop developing. Ursula kilkelly from UCC is a world renowned expert on youth justice if your looking to read up on the topic.

:grinning: