The ref in this camogie game

That must have been a record. I would have forgiven RTE for cutting her off in the sand way Podge & Rodge cut off Donna and Joe Malone.

1 Like

She should have gone low overhand. Almost impossible to save if on target.

1 Like

Overhand is forehand?

Striking a penalty at the top corner is risky but trying to cut it into the same side as you strike it off is plain stupid.

Lovely girls thread

Overhand is when the bĂĄs of the hurl is moving from quarter to midnight to quarter past.

Underhand is when the bĂĄs of the hurl is moving from quarter past the hour to quarter to the hour.

Overhand off left side – same as an Anthony Nash penalty, say. Overhand allows striker to go low without needing to roll his or her wrists, as is needed for a forehand drive that the striker wants to keep low.

The best forehand strikers I have seen to roll their wrists are Joe Canning and TJ Reid.

A strange decision, from an excellent hurler. Her footwork would indicate indecision as to where she wanted to place the ball. Would have a gut feeling she changed her mind about going to goalkeeper’s left side.

Rolling wrists is basically not going across the body?

You know how the Toffs analyse a cricket test series, the lad here would make them seem exciting.

No, not to me. What I mean by a penalty striker rolling his or her wrists is an attempt to achieve a whipped top spin effect, causing the ball to stay as low as possible.

Tell us more about the phase of the moon and the angle of the sun affecting the striking of a sliotar you absolute ham :joy:

Fair enough.

What makes a penalty taker great is an ability to hit either corner consistently. Joe, Tj, Jason Forde all have this.

1 Like

The acme of a whipped forehand penalty (and to goalkeeper’s weaker side).

2 Likes

Are you feeling alright?

1 Like

The Shamrock shake of Ballyhale is all over the place here :popcorn: