The ref in this camogie game

Sheikh?

Cork manager comes across as a really decent sort. The total opposite to his predecessor.

8 Likes

Paudie Murray was some prickly character.

That time himself and Shane Ronayne tore strips off eachother live on Red FM over the UCC thing was Radio Gold.

Kev was big mates with Paudie iirc.

Has had a few awful health scares too. Is a very nice guy.

2 Likes

He said something very unusual in his interview afterwards about himself having more now than more heralded members of his club. It was very pointed i thought

I thought he said it in a humble way…that he had it despite maybe not giving as much over the years

1 Like

Yes i thought that was the way he was trying to portray it.

Almost embarrassed to be an AI Winning manager.

Some rule changes in camogie.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/camogie/2023/1016/1411129-shoulder-charges-allowed-as-camogie-trials-rule-changes/

Teams will also have the option to take a sideline puck from either the hand or the ground when the sideline puck is within their own 45-metre line. If the sliotar crosses the sideline outside the 45m line, the sideline must be taken as a ground puck.

The above seems a strange one.
Not sure of the reason behind it…

It’s an effort to speed up the game. Currently a defender fouled inisde her own 45 has the option of taking her free quickly from the hand also. I guess it is just an extension of that. However, I don’t know if its just oversight by coaches or players but it’s a rule I see very few teams taking advantage of.

Too often it’s actually the referee that holds things up.

Still clear though that teams haven’t drilled it. You’d often see managers shouting ‘take it out of your hands!!’ and yet there’s no attacking structure in place to receive the quick ball. Biggest benefit to it is for a short pass to retain possession but it usually just ends up in a punted 50/50.

Yes agreed. Dual hurling/camogie refs don’t seem to like it at all

It’s actually quite a lot to process as a ref. You’ve to think wait, oh no it’s women, then work out where the 45 is, etc etc. Usually with the other team screeching at you that it’s a foul ball.

And what you see a fair bit too is a team getting caught for steps/overcarry in their attacking 45, and then the opposition trying a quick free - then going nuts when the ref doesn’t allow it (correctly)… all hell breaks loose then

Similarly when a girl different to who was fouled tries to take it.

Refs kinda get screwed with it too

1 Like

Strong finish from Dicksboro here. Been the better team for most of the hour.

2 Likes

It’s been a great game. 'Boro had Sars well taped

4 Likes

Clanmaurice had a great win earlier. They had 17 players togged for the AIF. That’s all they have.

Now the 15 would be close enough the Kerry 15, but still only up out of junior two years I think.

2 Likes

Boro the better team all through the game. Sars having to work too hard for their scores

2 Likes

RTE news : Power: Camogie players 100% out of pocket each month

http://www.rte.ie/sport/camogie/2024/0318/1438581-power-camogie-players-100-out-of-pocket-each-month/

Katie has been in Mexico, Amsterdam, Croatia and Portugal over the past 6 months, according to her Instagram

2 Likes

Have a good old gawp at her Instagram did you :thinking:

2 Likes

It was a factfinding mission

4 Likes