The ref in this camogie game

I brought the childer to croke park as we had played Craughwell and Rahoon Newcastle in underage challenge matches earlier in the day. I really enjoyed it. The standard of senior camogie has gone through the roof in recent years. Galway definitely got rode by the ref in the last 15. Cork probably slightly better overall though quite cynical and Thompson is a nasty piece of work.

12 Likes

How were RHN? They seem to have a pitch pretty much dedicated to the ladies

That 10 minutes after half time was the winning of game, 1-4 without reply. Cork subs made big impact, not sure did galway get much of few of their forwards or subs.
The cork no 6 is an incredible reader of the game, any ball in her vicinity she seemed to come out with it.
Did Thompson do something in particular that I missed or just In general?

They were decent. Craughwell were ridiculously good. We were able to compete with RHN but craughwell were different gravy. 8 and 9 year olds striking comfortably off both sides on the run. A share of ours are still more interested in handstands.

Nice day all round. We had a mountain of sandwiches and cakes for them but they were even more impressive grubbers. Not a screed of food left.

Incidentally RHN had a girl with a prosthetic leg playing with their u12s. Not a bother to her.

18 Likes

She seems to be sledging constantly. Leaves a hurl in any chance she gets but takes grave exception to being on the receiving end of any type of a tackle . Is still a top player.

2 Likes

Thisā€¦ā€¦

Very surprised at this. He comes across as a gentleman on Up for the Match. Never met the infamous Cyril in the flesh

Galway really are the biggest unachievers in the gaa. Only 4 camogie and 5 hurling all irelands is shocking when u see how strong they are at underage and club level and just how they are always contenders.
Their win/loss record in finals is shocking bad.

1 Like

It most certainly does.

They say you pick up the traits of the one you love.

Will your friend join RHN or Barna?

He can see RHN from the bedroom window of his now rapidly progressing house. He feels heā€™s too old, and junior C at RHN seems to be whatever lads they can pull out of the pub he also watched a junior C match involving RHN recently enough which wasnā€™t for the faint hearted, the standard was probably above his level, and in short heā€™s worried about busting a knee, nose or hand again and it not being compatible with work. He would love to go training though and he has his stick so RHN til he dies.

3 Likes

He could follow the RHN matches. Club games can still be a great spectacle.

2 Likes

He will and they are. 12 quid in seems a bit steep for an intermediate club match, and there doesnā€™t appear to be a season ticket.
Itā€™s only 20 to see Galway united who are all getting paid.
Heā€™s aware this sounds mean but it jars a little.
A pal was telling me yesterday that his son was playing under 19 or 20 against moycullen the last day and they were charging on the gate, which seems wrong.
Club membership should get you into watch your club games, and underage club games should have no charge I donā€™t think. Itā€™s mostly only parents, who have been paying for years of lifts, gear, training etc.

1 Like

Training would be more dangerous than actual matches.

1 Like

Tenner in Waterford for the senior championship games. 5 for the rest I think when they bother to collect.

That is much more reasonable.

Probably.
That hand surgery relatively recently is in the cons column also.

I got the club pass this year but I havenā€™t gone to enough games to justify it.