The ref in this camogie game

What’s a teeeeum?

I thought the Galway 3 had a pull at her arm although she went down very easily as they say.

Galway will be more annoyed with the throw ball call in the first half. Looked a legit hand pass to me. Would have been a one on one with the keeper.

Brilliant win for Kilkenny, some performances all around the field. They wanted it badly. Delighted.

Brian Gavin? Remember the time Tommy Walsh hit him in the face and drew blood and he didn’t even book him😅

Was it Gavin contrived then a peno in 2009 when they needed it?

Not sure who was reffing that day in 2009 but I thought it was bizarre that a ref would condone a player striking him in the face with a hurl (even if it was meant for a Tipp player😂).

Diarmuid Kirwan.

Correct. He couldn’t hide his hatred of Tipperary being from Offaly

The reason is so that they don’t have to take off their jersey if being brought out the field. Might seem strange at senior inter county level but the rule filters down to all levels.

At lower levels it would be very common to bring out the goalie, who would normally be a handy player, if loosing late in a game. This avoids any embarrassing situations.

2 Likes

There are plenty but a lot of male refs move to the camogie when too old to ref hurling.

1 Like

Should just wear a Manchester United jersey underneath like Brendan Cummins. Would still be embarrassing, but wouldn’t harm anyone’s modesty

1 Like

Interesting. Makes sense with pace of it. Have you ever seen a woman reffing a mens game, even underage?
. Seems an anomaly there isn’t a push on it considering it’s becoming a regular occurence in other sports

There was a female umpire in the U20 match this evening, I think that’s as close as I have seen.

1 Like

The closest I saw was Fanny Sunesson throwing in the sliotar at the start of a match in Thomastown when Nick Faldo was playing in Mount Juliet.

1 Like

The camogie players are in good shape these days. Remember seeing games in the past and three quarters of them were not.

This is about as free flowing as an Ulster football match played in a monsoon

Sent of the Galway girl for no reason… No 6 struck out after been floored and he sent of no 4 :joy:

Cork have the tactics board out in the camogie.

The ref is favouring Cork in this game.

Cork Girl been sent off

Camogie getting most unladylike