The Regulator (state employee) v Sean Quinn (bankrupt businessman) + Anglo Irish (state bankrupt ban

It’s outrageous that this man can walk free around the place, spouting shite on tv, after what he has done and tried to do. They way he is talking you’d think the Quinn’s are wrong to be criminalised for committing a criminal act. Unreal.

Greed is good.

They are deluded.

the garlic man must be seething watching this from behind bars in his prison cell…*

*if its not ‘lights out’ already…

The Quinns are Glasgow Celtic followers too, just to fucking top it off. The final insult if you like

Sheer scum. 270 million taken from the company. “I hold my hands up. Fair enough”. “My wife(director of 60 companies) and kids (defying court orders, fleeing warrants, still profiting from the assets) shouldn’t have anything to do with the it.”

Ah yes. The self loathing obsessed gobshite makes an appearance.

“My son’s wife only married a few weeks all over the media.” She got 300k FFS.

Brendan O’Connor?

It’s a bit surreal this Quinn media run during the middle of a court trial. Surely during court cases, defendants are asked not to give any media appearances so as not to potentially sway public opinion, jurors etc? My worst fear is that the Quinns could argue the trial is predjudiced for the same reason.

the tweets and txts coming in are pathetic …‘sean quinn is a businessman who worked long hours’…wow, thats a first !!..

[quote=“Rocko, post: 457759”]

“My son’s wife only married a few weeks all over the media.” She got 300k FFS.[/quote]

Vincent just read out your post there

Possibly because they invoked the gaa throughout their speeches? “The gaa doesn’t kick a man when he’s down.” “The gaa is about communities, etc.”

That judge in Mayo who was mentioned who said social welfare is a charity for Poles is the wife of a former Fianna Fail TD. Quelle surprise.

Jesus, this is leaving me seething. Why isn’t Sean Quinn in jail right now? Is he not in contempt of court also?

He wasn’t jailed so he could co-operate with the bank. Doesn’t look like he is co-operating or has any intention to do so - surely he has to be jailed now.

It’s interesting in itself that an act which is instantly dismissed as bullshit by much of the population resonates so deeply with another large section of it. As outrageous as it was, the stuff about “leaving something on the table” for his kids and the kids being “put on the dole” clearly had an impact. What’s that about no one ever going broke underestimating the intelligence of the public?

Sinn Fein has distanced itself from the Fermanagh businessman Sean Quinn.
Last week Fermanagh and South Tyrone MP Michelle Gildernew told a local paper Mr Quinn was an ordinary man treated disgracefully by the Irish government.
However, on Tuesday night the party’s deputy leader Mary Lou McDonald said the Quinns had engaged in questionable business practice.
She said that loyalties and emotions should not get in the way of justice.
Mr Quinn has been embroiled in a legal battle over the debts he owes the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation, formerly the Anglo Irish Bank.
On Sunday, thousands turned out in Ballyconnell, County Cavan, to support Sean Quinn.
Sinn Fein’s Michelle Gildernew also lent her support.
“He has been treated disgracefully by the Irish government,” she told the Impartial Reporter newspaper.
"Had they not tried to strip him off all his assets, including his home, deny him the ability to function in business, and routinely try to humiliate him I believe he would have paid back every penny he owed to the Irish taxpayer.
“He accepted he had done wrong, but all our attempts to make the government show some common sense were ignored. He is being punished for having the audacity to buy the bank and for being an ordinary man from Fermanagh who is hugely respected by his community,” she said.
‘Strong emotions’
However, Sinn Fein deputy leader Mary Lou McDonald took a different view on Tuesday night, saying money owed to the bank was money owed to the state.
“There are strong emotions in support of the Quinns,” she said.
"This is understandable, however, neither loyalty nor emotion can be allowed to get in the way of justice being done in the Quinn case or, indeed, any other that may arise.
"The matter is before the courts and that is where the final judgement will be made.
"The Quinns chose to put a lot into the public domain concerning their case, including the fact that company law was breached and that they have moved assets beyond the reach of IBRC.
"As the IBRC is now fully state-owned, money owed to it by the Quinns is money owed the state.
“The Quinns have an obligation to abide by the law the same as any other citizen. They also have an obligation to work with IBRC to repay what they owe.”
For many people in the border Sean Quinn is simply the man who brought jobs and prosperity.
But further south, people may be more concerned with the billions in debt he left behind, the hundreds of millions he tried to hide and the insurance levy due to mismanagement at Quinn Direct.
So, despite the numbers on the streets, political support is getting thinner on the ground.

& 2 former presidents and a man tipped to be future president were at the march.

The antics of Quinn leave me seething. The only good thing about this media campaign is that it shows him up to any person with half a brain as a cheating conniving cunt. There is no justification for this guy, none. If he cared so much for his employees he wouldn’t have gambled the farm.

Did MBB make an appearance in here? :lol: