The Regulator (state employee) v Sean Quinn (bankrupt businessman) + Anglo Irish (state bankrupt ban

Wtf? Fuck off back to whatever hovel you crawled out of.

I don’t see how high profile GAA managers/ex players attending a march is the GAA supporting this gangster. FFS sake. The GAA doesn’t comment on political matters as far as I know. I suppose this is not a political matter. In any case, fuck off.

It’s hard to articulate just how disappointing that post is and how much I disagree with it. GV Wright, the Flynns, the Healy-Raes, Burke, Lowry etc are all utterly irrelevant to this matter. As is Labour’s horrible softening. This is about Sean Quinn believing he has a right to break rules so he can look after his family and about how a disgustingly large percentage of the population seem to accept that on the grounds that he’s a local man made good who created lots of employment - now completely unsustainable unless underwritten by the rest of the country.

There are no grounds for accepting what Quinn did as in any way palatable or acceptable. There is no acceptable or tolerable level of hiving away assets to protect the wealth of his family at everyone else’s mistake. He was grossly negligent with his approach to insurance and came up with every conceivable mechanism to rip off the Irish taxpayer and create insurance contracts with no sustainable or prudent financial backing. He has cost this country millions of pounds through sheer greed and every drop of energy spent trying to retrieve that money and trying to hold him responsible for that cost is energy very well spent.

The GAA may not directly support him because that’s not how they work but it’s impossible to remove the GAA from the relevance of those high profile personalities marching together or to consider that they might be supporting him because he’s a GAA supporter. It doesn’t mean they represent everyone in the organisation but it does reflect badly on them when you see the lads marching together in solidarity for Quinn. The message that the GAA is behind him (whether they have a right to broadcast that message themselves or not) is clear.

Vinny having a right at him now on TV3. Quinn keeps throwing out the same defences and Vinny not too happy.

If Quinn’s idea of doing this interview is to appeal to the Irish people, two minutes in, he is coming across as totally deluded.

Sean Quinn is 100% transparent.

Is Quinn on VB tonight? I may have to try and watch it somehow if so.

The whole thing makes my blood boil.

Quinn’s while attitude to insurance is unbelievably reckless. He reckons they were fine because claims were reducing. He had no reserves and no solvency. Reducing claims isn’t how to fix an insurance company.

[quote=“briantinnion, post: 457738”]

Is Quinn on VB tonight? I may have to try and watch it somehow if so.

The whole thing makes my blood boil.[/quote]

Yep on now.

As in you’re angry at the carry on of Quinn et al or the harranging (sp) of a decent family?

Quinn talking a load of bollox, Vinny doesn’t look happy:)

Quinn thinks the generous redundancy proved how profitable they were.

Haranguing.

Quinn is a babbling mess…coming out with utter garbage and Browne is catching him out on everything…

“the media down in Dublin”… :lol: :lol:

Thanks. I think the Quinns are awful cunts.

This is nothing to do with me, it’s to do with the company

“I’m 65 and I’ve been a wealth creator for 64 years.”

I think we can see now why Vinny gave the dragons such an easy ride the other night :clap:

I can just see Sean and his sons queueing up to collect their dole money alright. Simple men through and through.