The Regulator (state employee) v Sean Quinn (bankrupt businessman) + Anglo Irish (state bankrupt ban

You never mess with the fairies

http://www.claddaghns.ie/Eddie Lenihan/Eddie Lenihan5.jpg

Is that Danny Chaplin in the left foreground of that picture

The Quinns are really sickening my shit at this stage.

His wife is now denying all knowledge of a €3m loan in her name from Anglo, she claims she was “under undue influence” from her husband when she signed the loan document and knows nothing about any business matters, this despite being the director of 60 companies and company sec of another 10. Granted she probably had very limited knowledge of the workings of these companies but you can’t just be signing your name to every bit of paper that comes in front of you then pleading ignorance when it comes back to bite you.

Woman in “under the influence of her man when it comes to money” shocker. I hope he took it and threw her back a fiver to buy herself something nice.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 457555”]
Woman in “under the influence of her man when it comes to money” shocker. I hope he took it and threw her back a fiver to buy herself something nice.
[/quote]According to the paper ordinary bloke Sean and his wife who love to play a game of cards for a few bob down the local spent the 3m€ redecorating their house.

the cunts will try anything to try and wriggle out of their debts. hope peter kelly gives her an almighty kicking

He doesn’t seem to have taken any shit from the various shysters that have come before him in recent years so hopefully he continues in that vein today.

Getting this judgement registered against her would be a good move for anglo because it would help them in recovering assets that Quinn moved into his wifes name.

She’s been ordered to repay it. Kelly has a few choice words for her as well to rub it in

Mr Justice Peter Kelly said a lot of criticism had been made of the credibility of Mrs Quinn’s evidence.

He said for the purpose of this case he was going to set aside all questions of credibility accept everything said in her sworn statements by Mrs Quinn as accurate and truthful.

But he said she had failed to make out an arguable defence to the claim by the bank for the repayment of the loan.

He said even the most cursory glance at the documents she had signed would have told all but an illiterate person that she was entering into some form of borrowing agreement.

He also said she had been negligent by signing documents put in front of her without finding out their effect.

He said what could be more negligent than willy-nilly signing formal legal documents without giving a thought to their effect.

He also said Mrs Quinn’s lawyers had argued that there was a presumption of undue influence in the relationship between husband and wife.

There was not, he said, and had not been since 1750.

Mr Justice Kelly said there was no evidence of undue influence by SeĂĄn Quinn.

He said there was no evidence that Mrs Quinn suffered from an intellectual disability, a mental illness or cognitive impairment and there was no evidence at all of threats or bullying by her husband.

In relation to Mrs Quinn’s argument that she did not receive the money, the judge said whether it was used to complete the decoration of the Quinn home or for something else was a matter for the borrowers.

The loan was drawn down at the direction of Mr Quinn, and was used.

He said if Mrs Quinn did not consider that she got value from the borrowing, then that was a complaint against Mr Quinn, not against the bank.

The judge granted judgment to the bank for just over €3m.

He refused an application by lawyers for Mrs Quinn for a stay on the order pending a possible appeal to the Supreme Court.

good man kelly. the only man in authority.in ireland who has the intention of dealing with these cunts the way they should be dealt with :clap:

He’s pretty close to being my Alright Sort of the Year 2011

:clap:

the quinns & the gga are cunts

Kelly is a serious operator. There is a belief in legal circles though that he hand picks the cases for their media appeal and loves the limelight. Love the fact that Solr shit themselves at he prospect of facing him

No, if a judge gets Alright Sort of the Year it has to be Paul Carney for giving life imprisonment to rapists :clap:

no fucking way carney is alright sort. he didnt really have any choice but to hand down life in that case. the man is a cunt
breakingnews.ie/ireland/?jp=MHAUKFSNSNAU

According to Twitter, a lorry has been driven into the canteen of Quinn HQ in Derrylin and set on fire

Article about Quinn, and Anglo’s attempt to track down his international assets, in the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/08/business/sean-quinn-and-irelands-boom-and-bust.html?_r=1&hpw

I take it Aoife isn’t the brightest of the Quinns?

One of Mr. Quinn’s daughters, Aoife Quinn, remembers a more poetic declaration: “Put a dog into a corner, and it will come out barking.”

• isn’t the saying usually a rat? …and doesn’t it come out biting?

“I know they have it out for my father, but they seem determined to bring all of my family down,” Aoife Quinn said. “This is no longer about pursuing debts, but some vendetta.”

• they have it ‘out’ for Seanie? Surely they have it ‘in’ for him? No?

Ironic, coming from a cunt that just mixed up there and they’re.

Who. …a cunt who just mixed up there and they’re. Not a cunt that just mixed up there and they’re.

Not sure about that SS. I think because the fact that you’re “a cunt that just mixed up there and they’re” is how you are being identified here rather than a mere qualifier then FoF is correct. If, for example he was identifying you as a cunt and the fact that you mixed up there and they’re was a qualifier, then it would have correctly read “Ironic coming from a cunt, who just mixed up there and they’re”. That wouldn’t make sense though, because your criticism of Aoife Quinn wouldn’t have been ironic merely because you are a cunt. The fact that you mixed up there and they’re is integral to the perceived irony.