The Road To Cheltenham 2023

Iā€™ll eat my hat if it wins

Start buying some salt

4 Likes

But if it rains heā€™s no chance and heā€™s likely to go off at least double his price imo

1 Like

Hiddenvalleylake gonna take in the Minella Indo / Allaho Clonmel race next week on the way to the Albert Bartlett. Letā€™s see what heā€™s really made of

2 Likes

He will go off a much bigger price if facile runs

Good horse, needs to brush up on jumping.

I think heā€™s a massive drifter regardless. He doesnā€™t have the form, ridden by a claimer and trained by Barry Connell.

Gordon saying American Mike is running in the ballymore.

Heā€™ll be a popular preview horse which will mean his price will be hammered for a while by the mugs.

The ante post prices and the actual prices on the day will be miles apart alright

Blazing khal runs Sunday :eyes:

1 Like

His form is superior to Facile

Wrote this on another horse racing forum.
I think a good case can be made for Diverge. Willie made an interesting comment after Lot Of Joy won the other day about her learning with the transition from the flat to jumps. I believe you could say something similar about Diverge. If you look back at his first race behind High Definition, he was way too keen and subsequently paid the price. He seemed to learn his lesson the last day and settled and jumped much better and after finishing a couple of lengths in front of one of Elliots in his first race he beat him by 27 lengths the last day in a hack canter. A friend of mine who does speed figures (well known former journalist) told me that was the best novice performance of the season to date. By Frankel out of a Group winning mare, he wont lack flat speed, so if he jumps well and settles early, he must be in with a shout.
Something similar could be said about Princess Zoe in the Mares Novice.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t agree there. Irish point isnā€™t much good.

For me facile was pulled up/tailed off it happens in racing all the time.

If facile donā€™t run last weekend el tait temps won in the Manor he did. Facile would be 1/2 for the supreme.

Lightly raced, won over 3 miles, handles all ground types - heā€™s a perfect profile for the race but favourites have an awful record in it which would worry me. I hope he only runs adequately next week or disappoints slightly and drifts as Iā€™d imagine heā€™s been primed towards a bigger day

1 Like

I like him alot too.

Maria Rock would have a right chance in stayers imho.

I wouldnā€™t be sure thatā€™s true and given Nickyā€™s nerves are shot to pieces Iā€™d be surprised if heā€™s behind this. Itā€™s a deep race too and jp will have his own jockey epatante Iā€™m sure.

2 former champion hurdlers battling out the Mares Hurdle could ironically be one of the best spectacles of the meeting. One of those rare cases where the Mares race makes sense