The Road To Cheltenham 2023

1 Like

This is a podcast and itā€™s a bit of craic. Iā€™d say heā€™s been economical with the truth at times for the benefit of the show.

The fact he doesnā€™t drink (or drinks very little) tells you how seriously he takes his punting.

And imho a man who takes his punting as seriously as he does wouldnā€™t be at half the shit he says heā€™s been at over the past 12 weeks.

Sure it passes an hourā€™s work for me on a Wednesday morning :smile:

1 Like

Just watched this weekā€™s show.

No interest in the reaction if Honeysuckle winsā€¦ā€œiā€™ll be on to the 4.01 at Southwell or somewhereā€ Jesus Christ.

3 Likes

I see Paddy Power now have a Cheltenham preview weekly podcast with Frank Hickey to discuss the Paddy Power Cheltenham preview podcast the day before between Ruby and Rory DeLargy. Cheltenham previews are eating themselves

Theyā€™re a bit of craic, thats about it. If a charity can earn a few bob off them, better again.

1 Like

Thatā€™s like the old Mick Oā€™Toole one, jockey asks what plan is if heavily punted horse is beaten.

Oā€™Toole: ā€œYouā€™ll never hear from me again.ā€

Thereā€™s no money going to any charities with these.

A weekly podcast to discuss another podcast? Its reminiscent of the time the lads here were posting in an AFR thread about what was happening on a different forum

1 Like

Precisely - frank hickey could easily sit in on the other one but they get to squeeze another hour of content out of it this way

Youā€™d have to think Jonbon will be incredibly tough to beat in the arkle.

Dysart will set the pace and unless Coleman gets into a pace war then even a semblance of a mistake by el Fabiola could be fatal. Heā€™s some engine to be fair but Jonbons jumping is electric.

Mighty potter looked very and his best furlong was his last so Iā€™m not sure heā€™ll be as suited to the marsh trip. He has a funny jump him in too. I assume appreciate it will run here and possible sir gerhard. The way el Fabiola hit the line over 2 miles 1 youā€™d wonder will they step him up in trip.

Dysart over a furlong shorter could be a real threat. I actually thought he stayed on decently enough, I was expecting him to completely fall out his arse. His jumping will get horses in bother too. Hard to tell what Jonbon will be like when heā€™s pressured. Has Willie ever sent an Irish Arkle horse up in trip for March? Dysart and El Fabiolo would be his two for me. Turners and Brown Advisory far more difficult to pinpoint.

Dysart will definitely be suited to Cheltenham alright.

I try not to listen to these podcasts but did do 20 mins of this - What the feck is the point of them?

Light entertainment. This is the only one I watch. Johnny Dineen is very insightful. The point he made about horses drifting for a reason was great. He cited Grangeclare West.

aah yea i would love to talk to johnny dineen over a pint or two - the other lad is a bottom feeder. I just donā€™t understand why anyone that follows a sport closely would want to listen to someone else that they donā€™t know spout there opinion on it. I suppose they are aiming for the people that buy the racing post, Anyway each to there own!

1 Like

HMS Seahorse is entered in a Pertemps qualifier in Exeter on Sunday off a mark of 139 :thinking:

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes

Facile vega Is already fav on the exchange for the supreme. It tells you a bit more than any stat imo. Iā€™d say heā€™ll still go off very short with townend on him.

It looks like a race to unpick on the day. Will be a big field now.

The more I look at Supreme, the more I think Marine Nationale is a certainty

1 Like