The Roaster Thread

Ah here, even the thought of Bob Mould ating cancer ham in the passenger seat of a car sounds both wrong and right at the same time. I drove a few lads up and down to Thurles when Rodrigo y Gabriela played there a good few years back with Copper Blue blasting from the stereo and a few pints from Skehan’s on board. The Good Old Days. (that weren’t even that old)

2 Likes

Met Bob on the same tour. We were staying in the same apartment in Galway.Seemed an alright sort

What are you trying to say here @anon32894817?

She was heavy

1 Like

I used to work for a local roaster who was a self employed builder. He used to buy 4 slices of ham, a small bread roll and a pint of milk each morning and would put a slice of ham in his mouth then take a bite of the bread roll and wash it down with a slurp of the milk.

Same man used to smoke 60 to 80 majors a day.

18 Likes

I was in Fagans before the 1987 All Ireland before with my Father and Uncle a turbo Roaster up from the wilds of South Kilkenny for the day. It was early, about 12 o clock so the place was busy but not packed. My uncle announced loudly (he did everything loudly) that he was going to take a shit. He emerged from the jacks a good 15 minutes later and headed straight for the bar. It was 3 deep at the bar but this didn’t deter Uncle Roaster. He started calling loudly Hey! HEY! until he attracted the attention of one of the bar women. When he had everyone’s attention he announced “THERE IS NO SHIT ROLL IN THAT TOILET! I’M AFTER TAKING A SHIT AND THERE IS NO SHIT ROLL. YOU NEED TO GET SOME SHIT ROLL IN THAT TOILET”. The bar staff rooted around for a while and eventually a “shit roll” was passed through the crowd back to my uncle. I still recall the burning shame when he returned from the jacks a second time and sat down beside us. Even my aul lad who was normally immune to embarrassment of any kind was sheepish.

46 Likes

Did he come out with his trousers around his ankles?

7 Likes

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

He was dead fuckiing right.

He was. No roll in a Jacks at, 12 on all Ireland day. Ffs.

Had he no Stanley to cut the roll?

He was probably after having a barrel of Smithwicks the night before

1 Like

You gotta let these slackers know. Them publicans are fucking disgusting, robbing the people over the counter and not giving a second thought about their toilet facilities. Disgusting cunts not bothering with toilet and no hand soap. Filthy dirty useless cunts.

2 Likes

Pubs are full of fucking bacteria. Filthy places

This is why you hate country lads. Great story, well told. That will be a tfk classic in time.

2 Likes

You’d want your head examined to go near a pub with wearing a full hazmat suit.

Tis true.

I remember being in Copper Face Jacks on AI football final night in 2001 and there was a stream of piss flowing out the gents door and out onto the carpet.

Sean O’Casey’s. That is all.

I went in to it for lunch one time. The schtink of the place, dunno how they’re allowed serve food there.