The Roaster Thread

4 Likes

He would still get calls to his landline at home and the response would be “you’ll get him on the mow-bile”

There was no need to phonetically spell mobile there. There’s only one way to pronounce it surely. Unless you say mow-bill like Tupac shakur or something.

2 Likes

You could tell a lot from a lad saying mow-biyal

1 Like

The emphasis in this case on the “mo” “mow” MObile

The tae in Monaghan.

22 Likes

Several different choices of “sauce” :ballot_box_with_check:

Tea, Water & Milk available :ballot_box_with_check:

White Slice Pan :ballot_box_with_check:

Absolutely beautiful Roasterism :clap:

4 Likes

I’m quite jealous, nothing like atin your tae in the meadow.

4 Likes

Supping water out of a mug.

4 Likes

Proper roaster behaviour.

1 Like

You forgot to mention the round bail covered with a sheet.

1 Like

It’s a bale actually as in Gareth Bale. *

• Information provided for non-agri enthusiasts.
12 Likes

Who’s getting married?

9 Likes

And a bottle of ‘diluting orange’ to make ‘juice’

1 Like

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

download (1)

3 Likes

You can really tell the lads who know nathin about Roasters

Putting a white sheet on a bale and laying it out like that isn’t Roaster, it’s hipster :rollseyes:

I’m going to hazard a guess that one of the sons married a town girl, a “prafeshnal”, a solicitor maybe, and the white sheet was her little bit of personality coming through there. Pure Hipster.

The items on display, such as the “sauces”, mugs for water/tae/milk, perhaps all 3, were the Mothers handy work. She knows the story. She was rolling her eyes at the daughter in law with the white sheet, no doubt. “She has notions” she’ll remark to her full blooded Roaster husband later that night as they watch “Clayer Burn”

2 Likes

Sure a huge proportion of farmers children are college educated professionals.

You mightn’t know too much yourself. That’s not a white sheet, it’s white bale wrap

14 Likes

Of course I don’t know much about Roasters, what the fuck do you think I am, a Roaster or something? I hate chequered shirts, I can’t be a Roaster.

Indeed it is white bale wrap, I was more drawn to the sauces on display to be honest, I didn’t look properly. It makes shit of my daughter in law theory too :-1: