The Roaster Thread

The rooster roaster

Some amount of roasters in junction 14 yesterday laying into the junk food

How was your snackbox?

I only went in for a slash and no washing the hands afterwards either :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cc @Fran

From the auld lad:

“John grows a lot of spuds. I think his brother Eddie was very good hurler, trained him with minors in 77. He won minor all ireland that year. Fine family, I knew them well. John was known as curly”

6 Likes

Outstanding. He’d have gotten himself a great bit of advertising there if he’d only turned the bag around.

2 Likes

Curly is a great man for the spuds, the Mooncoin spud market is very competitive so no doubt he was trying to gain a foothold with this PR stunt.

I trained under Curly for a number of years, wouldn’t be a tactical genius. His brother Eddie was a very good hurler but plagued by injuries, he refereed at a high enough level for a few years too. He has another brother (Paddy) who was a tidy corner back too

6 Likes

He’s had a few minutes of fame there with Kathryn Thomas. He’s a roaster beyond a shadow of a doubt. His spuds must be top notch as he’s taking on allcomers.

1 Like

@KinvarasPassion won’t like that.

3 Likes

Legend.

Your mother’s a cunt

Harsh…

Your mother’s a cunt
Your mother’s a cunt
Your mother’s a country woman

Deleted verse from this classic

1 Like

I saw Richie play in Letterfrack about 20 years ago. Someone was telling me he always wears the big gloves because of some skin condition he has on his hands.

Howd you get on in Cork chap?

Good Boss. Had a pint or two earlier in day outside the Roundy, watching the world go by. Up to my friends at Sundays Well for a bit before we headed for some Syrian food. Then beers outside The Friary (?) I think.

1 Like

When my auld fellow retired and moved us all to Carlow from North London in the late 1980’s, Richie Kavanagh was our first postman.

15 Likes

Fine spot.

1 Like