The Roaster Thread

I take it you mean The Schwann.

This.

Someone who isn’t a knacker townie

Eating breakfast cereal / muesli while sitting on the jacks taking a shire - the actions of a roaster

Someone who starts setences with the phrase “Be God” or end sentences with the phrase “To Fuck”

Hon to fuck

Getting a bucket of water thrown over your head by your mammy while wearing your counties GAA jersey.

Posting on hoganstand and using the term “well lads” in doing so.

If female and referring to your other female mates as ‘lads’. Fucking muldoon cunts.

Wtf

Around the time I was building the house, a roaster asked me what a ‘utility’ room was…

I said what do you think it is?

“A room where you can peel the spuds and take a shit at the same time” was his response.

:eek:

2 Likes

Taking the s off the end of words like pants and shoes.

“Oh Mammy got me a lovely pant and shoe in Patrick Bourke”

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1008235, member: 289”]Taking the s off the end of words like pants and shoes.

“Oh Mammy got me a lovely pant and shoe in Patrick Bourke”[/QUOTE]
I’d say a more likely sign of a roaster is the Len Gaynor one after the 1997 final when he complained that himself and Loughnane got paint on their pantses sitting on the bench for the final.

That roaster will be right at home in Limerick!

so you don`t know either then?

in fact it seems as if some fucker came up with a random term and the whole board is running with it and no one has a clue what it means

ok, so this is a roaster. What is it that qualifys him as a roaster
is it the wellies, the donkey, the cart the mayo outfit or all of the above

[QUOTE=“twiceasnice97, post: 1008329, member: 1061”]so you don`t know either then?

in fact it seems as if some fucker came up with a random term and the whole board is running with it and no one has a clue what it meens[/QUOTE]

It’s a derogatory term for a Clare person from what I’ve gathered from my reading of this noble forum.

as you may have noticed. the example above is from mayo so this version doesn`t apply.
also the amount of different sh1te posted would seem to back up the idea that no one at all has a clue what it is

[QUOTE=“twiceasnice97, post: 1008329, member: 1061”]so you don`t know either then?

in fact it seems as if some fucker came up with a random term and the whole board is running with it and no one has a clue what it means[/QUOTE]

You know the way you were presented at the Wexford Galway u21 match with the clare jersey, blue shorts from Dunnes, casual Sketcher type blue shoes and much longer than necessary but rolled down grey socks?

Thats a fucking roaster, you dirty mucksavage.