The Roaster Thread

[QUOTE=“twiceasnice97, post: 1008332, member: 1061”]as you may have noticed. the example above is from mayo so this version doesn`t apply.
also the amount of different sh1te posted would seem to back up the idea that no one at all has a clue what it is[/QUOTE]
Have you ever played poker pal? Simple rule, if you haven’t figured out who the fish is in the first 20 mins It’s more than likely you.

[QUOTE=“twiceasnice97, post: 1008332, member: 1061”]as you may have noticed. the example above is from mayo so this version doesn`t apply.
also the amount of different sh1te posted would seem to back up the idea that no one at all has a clue what it is[/QUOTE]

The term originated here as a derogatory term for a Clare person. There seems to be a recent drive towards expanding it to encompass what they call Muldoons on here.
I think the term originated in the The Clare roasters thread here. I could be wrong though. Maybe one of the forum historians might shed a little light on the subject.

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/index.php?threads/the-clare-roasters-thread.15720/page-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Bqxt4ZzE0

[QUOTE=“fucked out, post: 1008336, member: 1495”]The term originated here as a derogatory term for a Clare person. There seems to be a recent drive towards expanding it to encompass what they call Muldoons on here.
I think the term originated in the The Clare roasters thread here. I could be wrong though. Maybe one of the forum historians might shed a little light on the subject.

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/index.php?threads/the-clare-roasters-thread.15720/page-2[/QUOTE]

I brought the term to the forum as it is a well used colloquialism in South East Clare. It is reserved for culties/bogger/slurryheads of the highest order

Did you mean you brought it or it followed you ?

I have never been refered to as a roaster, I am not from farming stock so wouldn’t have any chance of being in the upper echelon of bog men

It’s just a great long ladder chewy.

don’t ever underestimate you’re capabilities chewy

Did you ever hear the phrase ‘bagel’ for a similar type gent chewy? Used be used around kilmaley back in the day

Its beagle, and that’s a different meaning

Buff would be a roaster in Sligo

Is it not a bogman?

Bagel/Beagle would be more a word used for an idiot or a gormless cunt. Stuke would be another term we would use of cabbage. “That lad is an awful cabbage”

Gormlessness and boggeriness must have got confused in my young mind somehow

I always defer to chewie on roaster topics and declensions of same

If you put the two together you will get a roaster

Some day years from now I am going to write a book on the characters and stories I have come across in South East Clare. We are some men

I am heading back over there sun…junior c county final :clap:

Beagle is an early form of roaster, but not quite a roaster, beagle would be more ignorant and agressive originated in north clare mid to late 90’s around the hydro scene in Lisdoon and the fighting after it

Who ye playing in that? Is it on in the killing fields?