The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

And I pointed out that this statement was untrue;

That should have been the end of it but you decided to lean in with your anecdote.

You followed that up with shite about concussions. I pointed out your shit on that but let’s go back to your original point. You can say “bizarre” all you like but you can’t hide here.

@Juhniallio is from a rugby adjacent town, he has an inferiority complex

He’s the problem for sports like football here, he gives it a bad name with his barstooling consumption of the game.

1 Like

In your opinion

At elite level, be it schools, club or country, the risk is greater due to size and pace.

At recreational level, its probably no bigger an issue (as you have said), than other sports, again due to less emphasis on pace and power.

1 Like

Do you have daughters?

Girls are as at risk playing high school soccer as boys playing high school American football- the sport most akin to rugby.

Due to heading the ball or accidental head collisons?
I would love to see data on concussions at SCT level.

1 Like

As girls don’t have as strong neck muscles.

You are letting natural biases get in the way and you never answered the question.

Interesting from Dr Eoin Devitt on rugby and GGA here by the way @gilgamboa

1 Like

We don’t see many scenes like this in underage rubby…it’s safer on that grounds alone

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsB1AbLJZph/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Wtf would a doctor know about it

@Juhniallio has the lads chasing their soggy biscuits here

Answered what question?

Do you have daughters? You said that you wouldn’t allow your kids to play rugby- what about girls playing any contact sport?

The data is clear on this and there was a piece in the Irish Times on this recently.

It appears people are allowing biases get the better of them- if you are allowing your girls to play soccer or GGA but make the risk point on rugby then you either not serious about the matter or not informed:

I have two girls. They wont play rugby. I have seen first hand the effects that concussion has on kids.

1 Like

You didn’t answer the question.

Do you or will you let them play soccer or GGA?

Do you accept the risk for them in those sports?

Ah Tim, kindly do one.

1 Like

Why won’t you answer the question? No issue that you weren’t aware of this, it is becoming a growing issue globally though after all of the headlines on the NFL and rugby.

I trust given the risks that you’ll take the same approach?

You’ve struck a nerve here today.

1 Like

Another hypocrite bites the bust. The lengths some lads go to troll head trauma in other sports but go missing when their own decisions are pointed out.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at The Rugby Thread (Part 2).