The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

I’ve forgotten more about rubby than some lads here will ever know. I was a carthorse no.7 in my younger days… Munster killed rubby in Limerick and the provinces in turn have killed the game in Ireland.

What we saw yesterday wasn’t even related to rubby. An AIL Limerick only selection from the 90s would wipe the floor with the current Irish national team.

Agreed but from Leinster’s POV, they’ve it very good. Everything works cohesively. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lancaster isn’t flexing a bit of muscle. He’s keeping Leo in a job.

Hard to believe Leo wasnt in the running for the Ireland job after Schmidt.

Even with Farrell in place, appears they’re not recognising the main issue with OConnell being the first supporting appointment.

He ain’t going to bring an attacking philosophy beyond lifting at 2 on opposing lineout

They need an attacking overhaul asap

Faz needs Catty to stand up.

Forgot he was in the make up. Has he been having a hands on role with covid etc? Haven’t heard mention of him until you raised him

You’re dealing with a man who knows his eggs here mate, you may up your game.

Is Trevor Brennan’s son still playing the game? He lined out through various underage french teams did he not? Not good enough for the senior team?

Still young for a prop. Plenty time yet.

23?

Trevs face never fit in with the suits. The milkman always delivered, but the suits were always left with a sour taste when it came to him.

About that yeah. Late 20s not an issue at prop to be coming through at national level particularly if plenty competition already there

His sons interviews were fucking great I thought. The soft lilting French he spoke post game. Then when interviewed in English, North side came pouring through, gas

1 Like

Wasn’t getting a look in at Montpellier so he’s out on loan at Brive. Career stalled I’d say. Can’t help if you’re trying to haul 21 stone around a rugby pitch.

He looked huge at u20 level alright.

Other prop from same team looked bigger but had serious wheels to go with it, Bamba or something like that? He’s gone on to make senior appearance or two since.

1 Like

jaysis that would deserve a thread of its own.

1 Like

Bad news about Dan Leavy, out for the rest of the season. Was one of the best players in 2018.

2 Likes

@anon67715551 nailed it on another thread… Unless we get Henshaw and Ringrose motoring in the centre we’re at nothing. We’re at nothing in midfield and that’s why we’re booming it.

Is it really?

Don’t Sarries always beat them when it matters?