The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

Career could be done.

1 Like

Schmidt destroyed him.

He was back there the other week v Cardiff but was his first game since Ulster in Europe in 2018.

Something very wrong anyway and there probably would’ve been pressure to be back for the WC.

Pity as this fella wasn’t hype, he’d done it in big games and looked the successor to Sean O’Brien.

You’d miss O Brien’s contributions alright.

1 Like

Sarries since proven to have been flaunting the rules.

But Leinster were always there or thereabouts come final.

**Feels weird speaking positively of the ladyboys

Id dread to think what else they were doing if that was the stuff they taped. Read extracts of his book in the paper and he seems to feel quite hard done by about his media treatment. I dont get that at all.

Top player though in his day.

Theyll probably win it this year will they. Racing shouldve beaten Exeter I thought and they’re surely bollixed mentally now with the way they lost. Leinster always bring a fairly high standard and they’ll be mad for it after the 6 Nations disasters

Do you think we need to get more go forward ball?

They got up to awful shenanigans in Cassidys one night.

2 Likes

Fact that losing both Dan Leavy and Dorris from their backrow options probably won’t matter too much at all illustrates my point that they’re the envy of all others to have the depth of talent at their disposal

Jack Conan nearing top gear to come back. Name barely mentioned and he was really proving himself before world cup injury.

2 Likes

Theyre always saying what a brilliant Rugby player Ringrose, wonder why they don’t put him at 12 and tell him pass the ball.

Henshaw could do 13.

I have a contact at Connacht rugby who told me that Cullen is a dose to deal with. Connacht have tried to get a number of promising young Leinster players recently and Cullen keeps vetoing them leaving. Even if they are stuck scratching their holes with shag all game time in Leinster. The latest being former Ireland U-20 captain and Dublin minor, David Hawkshaw. Connacht wanted him. He’d get more games at Connacht but Cullen wants to hoard every youngster that comes through the academy there even though there’s just not enough minutes available on the pitch for them.

Talented youngsters that age in France are often playing regularly in the Top 14.

2 Likes

I always had Conan down as a snow pony. Could for leinster when they are on top but that’s it.

They (Henshaw and Ringrose) need an outhalf like Carberry or Jackson to take the ball on in hand and at pace and with conviction. They’re not going to be unleashed properly in attack without it. Be left with Henshaw doing dirty carries to get over gainlne and Ringrose crabbing across field sideways and both have far more to offer.

2 Likes

I think they’re huge losses myself. CJ and POM bring a certain standard but are known quantities. Stephen Jones was saying the Welsh were delighted they were starting.

The two boys might be world class, although with Leavy now, as mentioned it could be all over and he is gone so long now I dont know if it is even right to call him a miss.

Watching the games, De Allende the South African is the best rugby player playing in Ireland. Would like to see ringrose at 12.

I wouldn’t have had O’Mahoney in the squad and Stander was behind Conan in my eyes when he got injured. Something that surprised me as I didn’t think Conan had the mettle for it initially.

Personally, I think O’Mahoney shouldn’t be starting even for Munster and he’s costing Beirne. Id have beirne in his best position at 6 ahead of POM but to accommodate both, Beirne is in the second row. Matches like yday highlighted you can have your 5.5 but when you’re up against a physically domineering pack, you need a carthorse 5 to make hard yards. Beirne got smashed with ball in hand yesterday and I’d be one of his bigger fans.

2 Likes

This very much tallies with my sources around Belfield.

In fairness to Ross Byrne, he kicked his goals and did well yesterday. His goalkicking is metronomic

Massive fuck up Harry Byrne isn’t ready. Saw Leinster v Cardiff and he is very like Carberry.

The seem to get plenty of the ball, would love to see lightish, intelligent players like Carberry and Harry Byrne at 10 and 15. Frances kicking yesterday was so far ahead of ours. The lad Crowley in Munster, which of them could you make a 12 and have them all playing together.

The Aussies used to field backlines like that with 3 or 4 kicking options, allied with a few with serious pace, attacking space and totally unpredictable. Those young lads are very promising.

Cullens responsibility at Leinster starts and ends at putting the cones out.

Initially had same opinion but he was putting pay to that reputation prior to injury.