The Rugby Thread (Part 1)

In fairness Penney had a shite squad. Nearly always carrying 5 or 6 players in a game. He done ok as a manager.

1 Like

Leinster fans already looking for a walkover :roll_eyes:

Sure the q/fs are next week.

It’s the alacrity.

True, my point was more the fans couldn’t understand what he was doing and factor in the lads they were carrying they were never going to match the top teams

Surely they would have tested them all before departing France? Finding him positive few hours before kick off seems peculiar…

I’m calling shenanigans. Is it the Leinster med team who conduct the tests?

Article changed. He didn’t travel, tested positive back in France.

@tallback will accept your apology on behalf of the Leinster medical team

3 Likes

Ill write my apology in full on the nub of his thumb and he can jam it up his sphincter

1 Like

He didn’t travel, the traveling party all got tested, negative. They sought guidance from comp organisers and got the green light to come over… And then the game gets pulled :thinking:

Toulon must be livid

Sergio Parisse has called for the remaining French clubs to boycott their fixtures in support of Toulon.

It seems that, although the travelling party all returned negative tests, they are all deemed close contacts of the player who remained behind and are consequently not allowed to play.

Seems reasonable

EPCR denying this version of events so God knows what’s the truth

Toulon wouldn’t be the most popular crew I’d say

I wouldn’t think so in general, but I wonder are tournament organisers getting a bit sick of the French?

I know it was a diferent tournament, but Scotland had a fair case for being awarded the original 6 Nations game, especially when France’s covid cases were as a result of Galthie’s breaking camp. TV ruled procedure in that circumstance.

2 Likes

Everyone is sick of everyone it seems to me in the Beer Cup

Fair call maybe… The french pulled a fast one in the 6n alright

It’s been a very messy competition this year alright, one for a asterisk.

I’ve actually a sneaking fancy for Munster.

The 6N is the bread and butter for the unions and needed completion . The Beer Cup is being run off fast