The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

A lot of those strong stats are based on games against cannon fodder so Farrell is basically measuring against what the likes of Doris would do in such games. I think his problem with Coombes is the lack of variation in his game re passing and offloads.

His manager fucked that as well in fairness though

Itā€™s important context. Sexton didnā€™t become anything near his best til what, his late twenties? He even won the starting jersey and lost it again.

I think itā€™s unlikely that anyone could be Irelandā€™s best ever 10 and it be their second best position.

You would expect his game to grow and round out with experience.

Agree on both counts.

1 Like

Sure you claimed rj Synman is the best player in the world and he was a sub too

Gone off the boil as well.

Doris was one of Leinsters best players in the C Cup final and the semi against the Bulls from recent memory alone.

Youā€™ve a real thing against him for some reason.

1 Like

Thought the squad was decent enough. Main quibble would be Healy for Loughman but the rest is ok. Both Byrne brothers effectively dropped off the back of recent poor performances. Prendergast in there for experience presumably - Iā€™d imagine itā€™ll be 6:2 with Frawley benching to try and counter the SA forward power.

JGP missing is a big opportunity for Casey to nail down the 2 slot and push Murray out for good.

He cocks up under pressure.

Very conservative squad. Whatever about needing to go full tilt at the Six Nations to boost the coffers, thereā€™s very little effort to develop the squad. What better opportunity to test out three or four fringe players in the test lineup against formidable opposition. POM, Healy have no business being there while Beirne and Porter are getting run into the ground.

They are fucked attacking wise without JGP I think.

He was excellent in that match.

Because heā€™s not War God leadership material to them as they donā€™t see him shout and wave his arms on tv.

2 Likes

If the Aussies beat the Lions they may disband

1 Like

No the minute heā€™s under pressure he goes into hiding or worse fumbling the ball or giving a needless penalty.

Casey is not even close to being the answer. Iā€™d fear a couple of comprehensive beatings without JPG.

1 Like

He isnā€™t near the standard unfortunately.

I get that to an extent. I think without Porter (particularly) and to a lesser extent Beirne thereā€™s a real risk of getting destroyed by SA who are no 1 in the world and have a bee in their bonnet about IRL. Throwing newbies into that without a strong team around them is a recipe for 1 cap wonders.

Youā€™d presume this is POMs last spin.

Yeah - thereā€™s a big gap but no different than the Porter problem you can only use what you have. Iā€™d prefer Casey get the experience rather than using Murray tbh

This is just BS. He makes mistakes like any other player but consistently shows up in stats.

Whether he is captain material is another point.