The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

Says the fella who’s been moaning that a 28 year old wasn’t added to the squad :joy::joy::joy:

I see Leinster are signing your man Rabah Slimani from Clermont. It’s getting ridiculous now.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with considering a 28 year old?

Synman, slimani, nienbar, Cullen and Barrett all on one year deals.

Apart of me wonders are nienbar and Synman just taking the coin and having a bit of a laugh before the next World Cup.

According to Clermont Slimani had agreed a coaching deal with them but they couldn’t match the money Leinster were offering.

Ya he was all set to retire.

Gas the usual Leinster apologists in the media said everyone in Irish rugby can learn from his scrummaging so it’s a benefit to everyone.

Amazing that idea doesn’t apply when Munster tried to sign a few front rowers.

Your man Goodman is failing upwards at Leinster and now moves to the Irish back room team.

How he got that gig I’ll never ever know. Why appoint a backs coach from ones of the provinces anyway when you could bring in somebody from abroad?

Kidney and Schmidt both graduated from that route and both got stale very quickly. It’ll never work imo.

They’re winning it next year and that’s it. The should move that Barrett fella to ten and let Ringrose do the place kicking. They’re going to bait the lard out of everyone.

They’ve had the winning off it for five years now.

those Leinster lads will have the cigars out on this summer tour if they’ve any sense. All about the Heineken Cup and a slam next season.

They have in fairness but that is going to be a ridiculous club team next season not to mind the few good young lads that will probably come on again and improve out of all recognition as well.

Number ten is their only issue really.

I’m not so sure it is tbh. They just don’t seem to perform under pressure. It’s very similar to Ireland.

I guess they are like Rory mcilroy.

They’ve a ten who is not top class but is an international and has been good enough to get them to finals. And the rest of the team is international players and so are most of the bench. Blaming their 10 is nonsense given the strength of the panel they have.

Noel McNamara coaching in the Top 14 final in France. Surely one of the provinces should go for him.

2 Likes

Think what is really gone against him is his running and passing game has really been exposed in the last year, teams are content to let him have it and it is choking up space in the 22’ when it really counts. I don’t think Ross Byrne gets in any other tier 1 nation’s international squad to be honest. The two boys are very well connected, Leo is as well I think.

If you blended the best attributes of the Byrne brothers, you’d have a fine player.

Connacht are a fair shambles right now for sure.

1 Like

Their 14 other players are top class internationals, they should be more than able to carry a dog with a mallet up it’s hole as ten to win a championship. Byrne is not top class but he’s good enough. My point is it’s unfair to place the blame on him. They have more than enough talent available to them and they’ve repeatedly choked.

1 Like

“Got stale very quickly”

Schmidt took over in 2013.

Ireland won a Grand Slam, beat NZ and were the No. 1 ranked team in the world in 2018.

I’d actually share your concern on Goodman given how the Leinster attack faired this year post Lancaster but that’s just a ridiculous point.

Is that why Clermont are taking Leinster’s existing NIQ prop?

:joy::joy::joy: