The Rugby Thread (Part 2)

But they were?

The point on them going stake was “soon after” Kidney took over. They weren’t stale in 2018, no matter what you think of the value of that No. 1 ranking.

The value of that ranking is zero, it’s a bit of an embarrassment really.

Your opinion.

Ireland won a significant % of games in the lead up, including a Grand Slam, series win in Australia and against NZ.

Claiming he got stale quickly when that was 5 years after he took over is a bit ridiculous.

1 Like

I didn’t claim he went stale quickly. I said the value of the number one ranking is zero and a bit of an embarrassment really.

Which is irrelevant. That’s your opinion.

World rankings are reflective largely of performance over a 12 month period. In 2018 Ireland performed well.

If they had got to No. 1 in 2013-2016 then the point I responded to may have had some validity.

Fair enough but when it went stale it didn’t change. It was finished quickly.

Schidmt by 2018 had been with a lot of the squad for 7/8 years.

We dont let players leave so we should bring some outside coaches.

Looking at it now I think we should allow players abroad until say 25 and if they want to be selected for Ireland after 25 they’ll have to move back.

I think that’ll only improve things for Ireland.

Munster need to be moving heaven and earth to get o Gara in.

Going to be a very tough year next season where they’ll really pay for poor development but hopefully the younger lads can make a step up.

I don’t think that’s a valid criticism really?

If anything we are still overreliant and don’t push our own. Noel McNamara cited here.

There’s plenty of Irish coaches abroad now but I’d just like to see some more coaches from totally outside the system particularly when we’ve so few players from outside the Irish system.

South Africa have fellas all over and it most really help their national team.

One of the best backs coaches in Europe is with Bordeaux and he is irish

Glasgow’s back coach is Irish too isn’t he.

Are we world #1 in backs coaches?

6 Likes

Is there a cup etc…

1 Like

Yes they are were Irish 20s coaches one after the other…

The final game of the race for the prestigious Bouclier de Brennus is on Premier Sports 1 now. Toulouse v Bordeaux.

2 Likes

Looks an incredible atmosphere

I’d say it’s a fabulous stadium. I was due to attend a match there during the Euros some years ago but I was undone by a French air traffic controller strike.

1 Like

Lucky boy there the Bordeaux No 8. Anytime other than 5 minutes into a cup final that’s a red.

Shaping to be a hiding

Bordeaux out of their depth here. Men against boys.